Menu
Kat26
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How can I get through to UK customer services

I need to speak to someone in UK customer services.  I have spoken to the overseas customer services on 3 different occasions now.  The first time I was lied to and fobbed off.  2nd time something has been done to my account which has lead to my bill being increased and I don't know what. 3rd call to try and find out why my bill had increased in the space of one telephone call they weren't able to tell me and weren't helpful at all.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I get through to UK customer services

Hi Kat26,

I'm afraid Virgin don't have a direct line to a UK call centre Smiley Sad

I find that it's just a case being patient and persevering.

Remain polite and keep trying until you reach a member of the team who is able to help.

Or if you are prepared to wait, this post may get responded to by one of the VM staff on here.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

trev747
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

Hi Kat26,

I'm afraid Virgin don't have a direct line to a UK call centre Smiley Sad

I find that it's just a case being patient and persevering.

Remain polite and keep trying until you reach a member of the team who is able to help.

Or if you are prepared to wait, this post may get responded to by one of the VM staff on here.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

It used to be the case that choosing the 'thinking of leaving us' option pretty much guaranteed getting a UK office, but alas no longer. I've spent the best part of an afternoon trying to speak to somebody about upgrades and handsets but have only succeeded in contacting an overseas call centre, where the product knowledge is very limited. Asking any question which is off script and you're fobbed off with mostly nonsense. Seems a poor way to run a business, particularly when you're considering making a purchase and paying out more money. So, as you have rightly said, persevere and you may get lucky .... But don't bank on it. In the meantime I also have grave reservations about what these call centres can do to your account , particularly if you call with a basic query, but they access all of your information. This is clearly the case above ....

Kat26
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It seems to me that they are making enough money to be able to afford to lose long serving customers which is a shame. Loyal customers no longer get rewarded. Even more of a loss as I put my notice in to cancel my tv, broadband and phone services as well due to the poor service.
0 Kudos