Menu
foxy23
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How are Virgin allowed to get away with this?????

I recently sent in a phone to be repaired because of an issue receiving text messages (it locks up for a minute everytime one is received and for several minutes if you get two in quick succession). I was told the warranty was void as there was a problem with the USB cover.

The cover has become unstuck, those familiar with the S5 will know there's a little wire which comes out of the phone and has the cover attached. This still works and isn't damaged. The cover itself has a serrated edge which is held in position on the wire and covers the port, this is also undamaged but you can see where the glue has been which held it in place.

I am not exaggerating when I say a dab of glue the size of a pin head would resolve this issue and its not even the one I reported faulty with the phone. I requested the phone be sent back to me as I wasn't going to pay £150 for this to be done for me.

Despite several calls and emails it took the team over 10 days to return the phone to me and when they did it was missing the USB cover!

I called in to request it back so I could attach it and photograph it to show it wasn't physically damaged but they denied all knowledge of ever receiving it. Kindly though they offered to repair it for the cost of £150.

I have gone round in circles with this, the customer service is appalling and they are basically accusing me of lying about sending it in, again I have no reason to do this because the issue is with the phone locking and not the USB cover!

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can help with this please? I have tried complaining but the dogmatic view of Virgin is basically 'you have lied, pay £150 and we'll fix it and if not get off the line so we can talk to someone else who might'.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How are Virgin allowed to get away with this?????

Hi foxy23,

Thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear we weren't able to get your phone repaired for you under warranty. Appreciate this is frustrating for you.

I'd like to get this looked into for you.

Due to the nature of your query I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to gather some further details from you.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Buzbi
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am having a similar issue with the s6 they expect me to sell my phone on gumtree because I cannot get a signal in my house and buy another phone and keep paying the contract.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Buzbi wrote:
I am having a similar issue with the s6 they expect me to sell my phone on gumtree because I cannot get a signal in my house and buy another phone and keep paying the contract.

It's not really a similar issue then - yours is related to your signal. You should consider starting your own thread.

(Before you do, you have a two-week cooling off period after you get a mobile precisely so that you can establish whether the signal is acceptable in the places you need to use the phone.)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

foxy23 wrote:

I recently sent in a phone to be repaired because of an issue receiving text messages (it locks up for a minute everytime one is received and for several minutes if you get two in quick succession). I was told the warranty was void as there was a problem with the USB cover.

The USB cover is nothing to do with the latency of the software.

Please let us know how you get on.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Buzbi,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm very sorry to hear you're not able to get a mobile signal in your house. I appreciate this is one of the most important places you need signal and it can be frustrating when you want to use the phone but can't.

We definitely don't expect you to sell the handset and buy another one but unfortunately no one can guarantee an indoor signal. As with all radio-based systems, service may be affected by a number of local factors, such as building materials, tree cover and weather conditions.

I've checked the masts in your area and these show a very good signal strength but again this is rated for outdoor use. Do you get signal outside the property? As Gorf mentioned, if you want to start your own thread we can discuss it further.

Hope this information helps.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos