Menu
Blondiexxx
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How New tariff price will affect my monthly bill

Could someone tell me how billing works please? My account says £6.00 monthly tariff but my bill is £25.00 so I'm presuming the rest is paying off my phone. I want to upgrade my tariff and would like to know if the price for the advertised tariffs is that plus the £19.00 I already pay (without the £6.00... 19.+6. = £25 monthly bill) sorry it's long winded! Thank you :0)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Blondiexxx
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How New tariff price will affect my monthly bill

Could someone tell me how billing works please? My account says £6.00 monthly tariff but my bill is £25.00 so I'm presuming the rest is paying off my phone. I want to upgrade my tariff and would like to know if the price for the advertised tariffs is that plus the £19.00 I already pay (without the £6.00... 19.+6. = £25 monthly bill) sorry it's long winded! Thank you :0)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Blondiexxx,

with a Freestyle contract, your handset and tariff payments are separate giving you the flexibility to change your tariff (chargeable amount for agreed minutes, texts, data) when you want to.

Whilst your handset loan repayment is a fixed amount over a fixed period of 24 months (unless you settle the loan early).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Blondiexxx
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Blondiexxx,

with a Freestyle contract, your handset and tariff payments are separate giving you the flexibility to change your tariff (chargeable amount for agreed minutes, texts, data) when you want to.

Whilst your handset loan repayment is a fixed amount over a fixed period of 24 months (unless you settle the loan early).

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Blondiexxx
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Alexkid, so if my monthly tariff is £6 my handset loan must be £19 so for example if I choose a new tariff that's £12 my new monthly bill would be £31? The phone is actually my daughter's and I always had £25. Direct debit to Virgin and then I had a direct debit of £21 to virgin media, I queried this with them and they said it's the extra data each month that was being used, which was fine as I knew what it was and made the account so it couldn't go over the allowance but now my daughter is running out of data half way through the month so want to up the data without it costing £50 a month lol!
0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

AIUI the charge for mobile data "out of allowance" is £1 per day. This increases to £2 per day on the 1st July, IE today.

So if you are being charged £21 extra then this represents 21 days or 3 weeks worth. And the £21 will become £42 from July.

I imagine that AlexKid meant that the handset payments and the tariff payments are debited separately. I would expect the £21 or whatever the amount is, to be added to your tariff payment and the total debited by Virgin Mobile as opposed to Virgin Media. At least that's what happens with an account we have here.

I would encourage your daughter to try and better manage her allowances. Take some responsibility for them. So configure the phone to use Wi-Fi where available, configure apps to update over Wi-Fi only, switch off background updates and the like and to upload/sync photos over Wi-Fi as against mobile data.   

0 Kudos