Menu
TonyGreensill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Horrible Customer service / Tech Support

I've called the helpdesk 6 times now today to try and resolve an issue I'm having texting landlines

I can text any other mobile number and it works fine, i can text the landlines from my EE phone and it works but not from my virgin mobile.

theservice so far has been appalling, I've spent hours today going back and forth

1st call - Gentleman told me he would 'reset my messaging', I restarted the phone and nothing had changed, was also told they don't have delivered logs for messages but they 'are definitely sent out'????????

2nd call - was given a number to call 07953966066, which told me to text my name to 27777, did this and nothing happened (apart from taking all my credit)

3rd call - adviser replaced the credit on my phone and i was told to call +27777 instead, did this and it just gives me a dial tone for 10 seconds and hangs up

4th call - while explained the whole issue (AGAIN) i was hung up on

5th call - Asked to speak to a manager, was told I'd be 'put straight through' and sat on hold for 40 minutes

6th call - called to complain about the 40 minutes hold and asked to be put through to a manager WITHOUT being placed on hold, sat for ten minutes before being told they were in a meeting,i gave my contact number and requested a call back

This issue is obviously not an issue with the landlines as EE texts work fine, the issue isn't with the handset as I've used three, this issue is with Virgin mobile.

I applaud that they answer initial calls quickly but everything else about the service has been terrible so far. How do i get hold of somebody in technical or Management?? I cant even find an email address to send to, the online Chat is constantly busy and the people who answer the phones do nothing but follow scripts.......

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Horrible Customer service / Tech Support

I'm going to ask the @ModTeam to see if they can get one of the Forum Team members to assist you.  This is a community Forum and while Virgin do have a presence on here, it can sometimes take in excess of a week for them to reply.  I'm hoping the Moderators can get someone to look at this sooner.

I don't work for Virgin Media myself - BUT I do have a Virgin Mobile - so I decided to try sending my landline a text message to test it out.

Here's what happened when I tried.

16:44 - Sent text to my landline with the words test send.
1648 - Received a Text from +27777 Stating I'd texted I Home or Work number and could I reply with my name?
1651 - reply to +27777 failed to send.
1655 (approx)  Received call to landline with text message.  Because text to +27777 failed I was given my mobile number as the sender.

So sending to landlines is certainly possible over Virgin Mobile although I do have to question why my text to +27777 failed?

That you've had to make 6 calls over this, is quite frankly ludicrous.  I can see where the +27777 number comes into this and quite frankly I have to question the following.

1. Did the first person really attempt to reset the messaging numbers on the phone?  If not why not.
  2. Why were you given the mobile number to ring?
  3. Why on earth did the 3rd adviser ask you to DIAL +27777?
  4. Why put someone on hold for 40 minutes?
  5. Why did the call centre essentially refuse to escalate the call?  Instead offering a call back.

IMHO the level of service received by yourself falls well short of the mark, and one would hope that Virgin would follow up on what's happened.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

TonyGreensill
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou ravenstar68 i really appreciate your time and effort

I didn't receive any messages etc when i text landlines and i tried 3 or 4 to test it out and nothing happened at all when i text/rang +27777

I just tried again and got nothing, I am on PAYG so maybe that's the issue?

Its just been horrible, i didn't even receive a call back from the promised manager today. I've never known anything like it

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi TonyGreensill,

I'm sorry that you have been experiencing problems texting landlines from your Virgin Mobile and also for the issues you've had when calling in to get this sorted out.
I'll need to take more information from you in order to look into this, so I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
TonyGreensill
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I'm afraid I've got no message from you?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@TonyGreensill

Is there nothing if you click the envelope in the top right (next to your name when logged in)?

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
TonyGreensill
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid all I have is a welcome message and notification of  a new rank...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi TonyGreensill,

Thank you for sending your details. I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've been in touch with our Mobile Tech team to look into the problem you're having texting landlines from your Virgin Mobile. 

I'll need to take more information from you in order to escalate this issue. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi TonyGreensill,

Thank you for trying this with a different handset and sending me the logs via PM. I'm sorry that you are still unable to text landlines from your Virgin mobile.

I've been investigating this issue with our technicians and with EE direct and have been advised that this problem is going to be down to an issue with either the handset or the SIM card. The main problem is that this is not a service that we support as it is not a feature that we can switch on/off on the network.

I'll send you a PM with the details about replacing your SIM card.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi TonyGreensill,

I'm sorry that your remote activation hasn't worked. Have you retried this online?

If you would like for me to manually activate this on the system for you, please let me know.

Thanks,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos