Menu
toevans
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Just bought a ZTE blade L2, only loaded about 10 apps, memory is stating it is full!

Hi guys, Just bought a ZTE blade L2 really happy with it until I loaded about 10 apps, memory is stating it is full!

I have installed a newly formatted 16gb micro sd card  which is recognised by the phone and showing 14.5 gb free, I have it set to write to this card as default, yet apps do not seem to be getting installed there.

Also spec states 4gb internal memory but when you interrorgate  phone storage settings it states phone storage 1gb!

Am I missing a trick here?

Any answers please?

Tony.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hi, Just bought a ZTE blade L2, only loaded about 10 apps, memory is stating it is full!

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble here.

With regards to apps, the majority of them are designed to integrate within the phones internal storage. You may be able to download an app from the Play Store that will let you move some apps over. But this can't be guaranteed.

With regards to the internal storage, some of this will be taken up by the phones operating system and default apps.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hi, Just bought a ZTE blade L2, only loaded about 10 apps, memory is stating it is full!

Hi Tony,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble here.

With regards to apps, the majority of them are designed to integrate within the phones internal storage. You may be able to download an app from the Play Store that will let you move some apps over. But this can't be guaranteed.

With regards to the internal storage, some of this will be taken up by the phones operating system and default apps.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
toevans
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Matt, thanks for getting back, downloaded app to move apps to sd card, but phone insists apps will go to internal storage, must admit I am a little p----ed --f here, as the phone was, or seemed to be  ticking all the boxes,I thought! Cannot even remove all the preinstalled crap to make room, or can I? (Tried disabling apps and removing cache with little effect)? Can you advise further? Or do you think I need to live with it!

Cheers, Tony.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

The Android OS will dictate what apps can work running from the handset.

The pre-installed apps can't be removed either I'm afraid.

I don't think there's much I can advise further on this. I'd advise to keep other storage means empty. Such as messages, music and other files.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Sappermajor
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I know this is a really late reply and I only have the Blade V. this is based on my experience with the Blade V and Kis.

The advice from Virgin is not the whole story. My advice will negate your warranty but as the query is a year old it probably won't make a difference.

ZTE have set the phone up so that part of the RAM acts as a SD card.  When you use the Android app2sd function the app is saved in this internal SD so is limited by the RAM size.

There is an app on Google Play Store called Link2sd which allows apps to be saved to the real SD card. The app links the relocated app so the process is called linking. you need to be a bit savvy.

• The phone must be rooted 
  • The app requires you to add a hidden partition on your SD card.
  • then you can move apps from the internal memory to the SD card.

Word to the wise- do not move the Google Play app nor the Link2sd app to the SD card, I did and when my SD card failed I had to reinstall Android to sort out the apps that I lost.

Link2sd also enables you to remove system apps (aka pre-loaded crap) and to locate upgrades in the system area.

0 Kudos