Menu
ematkinson
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I need to provide a proof of usage, and have just called your 0845 no. to no avail.

Hi - I need to provide a proof of usage, and have just called your 0845 no. to no avail.

I am on a SIM only contract but have been advised that I should provide a proof of usage anyway from Virgin Mobile which will contain my IMEI number for my insurance claim.

The lady on the phone unfortunately hadn't heard of the document at all and asked her manager who wasn't aware.

Please can you help me?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi - I need to provide a proof of usage, and have just called your 0845 no. to no avail.

Hi ematkinson,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Thanks for asking us this question.

I'm sorry to say its not possible to get a proof of usage statement that contains a IMEI number from us. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ematkinson
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi - I need to provide a proof of usage, and have just called your 0845 no. to no avail.

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply. According to my insurance company, every time I use my phone, even on a SIM only contract, my network provider (you) logs the IMEI of my phone, and a record of this would be the insurance proof I need for my claim.

If you cannot provide me with this information that most other networks provide, please could you send me a letter explaining that this is the case, for me to submit to my insurance company?

Kind regards,

Emily Atkinson
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To be fair, your insurer should already know that Virgin (and Tesco, and GiffGaff etc) are virtual mobile network operators and as such don't have access to the IMEI and usage together, unless they've supplied the handset.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily,

Appreciate your frustrations with this situation. We'd like to help you out.

Proof of usage is not something I've heard of as I mentioned. I know we can send out a proof of purchase if needed which can be requested by calling 789 or 0345 6000 789 and speaking to our Mobile team.

The advice Gorf has given advice is very helpful.

Was your mobile handset supplied by us?

Have you asked your insurer if they can accept other information?

Look forward to your reply.

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ematkinson
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen,

Thanks - Gorf's advice was enlightening. Unfortunately I'm not at a situation which is resolved through 'what my insurer should already know' - they claim Virgin can provide this and has before. Whether this is true I do not know.

Moving forward, the other information they will accept is a letter or email pdf letter stating that you cannot provide a proof of purchase (be it because you haven't heard of it, you do not have access to that information, you are a virtual network provider)

That would be helpful to me.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ematkinson
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The handset was not provided by you, I'm just on a SIM only with you - it's a great deal by the way, insurance complications aside!

ematkinson wrote:

Hi Stephen,

Thanks - Gorf's advice was enlightening. Unfortunately I'm not at a situation which is resolved through 'what my insurer should already know' - they claim Virgin can provide this and has before. Whether this is true I do not know.

Moving forward, the other information they will accept is a letter or email pdf letter stating that you cannot provide a proof of purchase (be it because you haven't heard of it, you do not have access to that information, you are a virtual network provider)

That would be helpful to me.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi ematkinson,

Thanks for your reply.

I have sent you a private message (red envelope top left hand side) to get some further information to get this looked into.

Speak soon

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

0 Kudos