Menu
maclehose
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hens teeth - No data sim

Does anyone know of a Sim only deal with no data? I'm looking for a simple cheap deal, PAYG to allow me to use an old phone as tracking device?

Many thanks,

Andy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hens teeth - No data sim

Hi Andy,

so you want a Virgin Mobile pay as you go SIM and you don't want to use any data?
No one is going to force you to use or buy data.

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-as-you-go-sim.html

Get your free SIM - select one of the "Big" tariffs or stay on the starter tariff.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Consider a free of charge 3-2-1 PAYG SIM from the Three Mobile store. Switch off data on the phone if you don't want it. UK calls cost 3p/min and SMS/Text messages cost 2p. So far as I know any credit doesn't expire so long as at least one chargeable event occurs every six months. So send at least one text every six months.

The downside might be that the minimum top-up is £10. And you might need to get the phone unlocked first.

enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Enceladus1 wrote:

Consider a free of charge 3-2-1 PAYG SIM from the Three Mobile store. Switch off data on the phone if you don't want it. UK calls cost 3p/min and SMS/Text messages cost 2p. So far as I know any credit doesn't expire so long as at least one chargeable event occurs every six months. So send at least one text every six months.

The downside might be that the minimum top-up is £10. And you might need to get the phone unlocked first.

No, there are £5 top ups as that's what I put on the wife's phone from time to time.

And yes, there is not expiry date on top ups provided either a call or text is made every six months, so they are ideal for very low usage.

0 Kudos