Menu
Plumrim
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help where help is not being given

Have moved onto a sim only deal from another company for my family but was misinformed on how the deal works. This has then moved onto further misinformation. I simply cannot get a resolution despite customer service promising call backs multiple times.

Even when asking it to be escalated nothing was done. How do i get this sorted. How do i get this resolved?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help where help is not being given

Hi Plumrim,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I deeply apologise for the misinformation. I appreciate a clear understanding of how the deal works is important when joining for the first time.

It sure would be great to know what your concerns are and then I can hopefully put them to bed.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Plumrim
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rich

Here goes

In mid oct i contacted virgin mobile sales for a deal as i was planning to leave my current contract because i did not want to pay extra each month as my duaggher always went over her data limit and the minimum cap was £2.50.

I informed virgin of my reason and did not want this to happen as it was not treating customers fairly. We were offered the £5.00 deal each which came with 2 gig of data each. I said i did not want my daughter to go over that limit and needed and asked how this could be done. I was informed that hhey could not do this via a cap limit but it could be done via data. However, i had to contact virgin one the deal was set up.

I als explained i did not want the deal set up until beginning of november as i still have time with previous provider.

I got the sims quickly but did not open until november as that is when i was going to use them and asked for the contract to start

I then got the pac code and phoned to gsve them transferred. I was tgen informec tgey had been actioned from when i called which i did not ask. The pacs were transferred. 

I then asked how i go about ensuring thd data for my daughter was not breached based on thd previous phone call. I was informed that this could not be done. I could get a reduced credit limit of £50.00. I knew about the credit but not of a minimun limit. This seriously concerned as this potentiality will be hit each month. Hence not treating customers fairly. On this basis i feel i have been mis sold / not correctly informed.

I have since then made numerous calls (easily over 7 hours). Where i have been passed from pillar to post. Asked for it to be dealt with as s complaint. On one occassion this was promised to be sorted within 72 hours and nothing was done. Hence more phone calls made, only to find that the complaints was never registered.

On other occasions i was promised call Backs which were made.

I was also told my daughter could move over to a £10.00 contract that came with 20 gigs. I said this would be preferred to make less of a risk of going over the data limit. However, i was told the team dealing with this had been closed. When i called, i was told it deal did not exist.

This has know been raised as a complaining and said it will take up to 28 days!

So i now have a daughther who is not using a sim as we have no way of ensuring her data limit will not be breachec.

This is really bad form.

I think the most baffling bit was having to deal with 2 different companies. I went through to retention each time i called. On one occassion, i asked for a worker by name and was informed they work for a different company working on vigin medias behalf. Hence reducing taking responsibility.

Your help in getting this sorted would be appreciated

0 Kudos
Plumrim
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

On setence read below

"On other occasions i was promised call Backs which were made."

But should have been

"On other occasions i was promised call Backs which were not made"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Plumrim.

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem with changing your new tariff and that you have not received promised callbacks. Has this been sorted out for you since your post?

If you are still having an issue with this, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos