Menu
catsanddogs123
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Help pls

Hi I'm on virgin media and my friend is on Movistar, she has recently gone to Spain and I rang her thinking i wouldn't get charged but I've been told i will, how much will I get charged per minute ? I live in the UK btw
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help pls

The bad news is it's, 90 pence per minute minimum cost 90 p, it's much better to use Whatsapp or that sort of thing as they are free.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi catsanddogs123,

just to clarify, you do mean that your friend is using a Spanish Movistar SIM?

If this is the case J0hn is correct, calls from a UK Virgin Mobile are 90p per minute for pay monthly customers (41p for pay as you go customers).

If however your friend is using a UK mobile SIM connected to the Movistar network then calls would be the same as if you were talking to someone in the UK and would be included in any allowance you may have.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

AlexKid wrote:

Hi catsanddogs123,

just to clarify, you do mean that your friend is using a Spanish Movistar SIM?

If this is the case J0hn is correct, calls from a UK Virgin Mobile are 90p per minute for pay monthly customers (41p for pay as you go customers).

If however your friend is using a UK mobile SIM connected to the Movistar network then calls would be the same as if you were talking to someone in the UK and would be included in any allowance you may have.

So it's actually MORE EXPENSIVE if you are on contract than on PAYG??????? (over 110%  more to boot!!) 

Yet on contract, VM  have your money guaranteed every month, whether you use all the allowance or not, and PAYG  only pay for what you use!! (in fact, PAYG is now 45p per minute to other UK numbers, so is actually CHEAPER to phone abroad!!) 

VM certainly is NOT value for money... Son left VM to go to '3' and gets PAYG 3p per minute, 2p per text, 1p per meg data, ( and calls abroad are the same price!!) unlike the 45p per minute calls, 15p per text with VM..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse wrote:

So it's actually MORE EXPENSIVE if you are on contract than on PAYG??????? (over 110%  more to boot!!) 

Yet on contract, VM  have your money guaranteed every month, whether you use all the allowance or not, and PAYG  only pay for what you use!! (in fact, PAYG is now 45p per minute to other UK numbers, so is actually CHEAPER to phone abroad!!) 

VM certainly is NOT value for money... Son left VM to go to '3' and gets PAYG 3p per minute, 2p per text, 1p per meg data, ( and calls abroad are the same price!!) unlike the 45p per minute calls, 15p per text with VM..

There is quite a wide fluctuation between Virgin Mobile PAYG call charges in the UK depending on which tariff you're on.

I thought 40p per minute (Starter tariff) was the most expensive (I'm on the 8p tariff).

For calling abroad from UK, look here:

Calling abroad - Pay monthly

Calling abroad - Pay as you go 

0 Kudos
catsanddogs123
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah she's using a Spanish sim but the actual phone number is an 07 one.
0 Kudos