Menu
Catkilic
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help please - forum team? Anyone?

Hi all,

I posted a few days ago but am no further forward.

My friend currently has a contract with virgin mobile and has had for a few years. A year ago she upgraded her phone but decided to keep using her old phone instead. She received the new phone on 6th November 2014.

She has given the phone to me but it's locked to virgin and I would like it unlocked. I spoke to someone on the phone who told me it could be unlocked, it wouldn't cost anything and would take 24 hours but as it was originally part of my friends contract, she would need to phone to do it. She tried this at the weekend and was told that the phone can't be unlocked as she's had it longer than 12 months. She asked for an explanantion but the guys English was terrible and he just kept repeating that it can't be unlocked after 12 months. Now first of all. I don't know why it was locked as I thought all contract phones supplied after a certain date in 2014 were unlocked anyway. If this isn't the case, why can't it be unlocked now? There is nothing anywhere that states there's a time limit for phones to be unlocked and in fact some network providers insist on people waiting 6-12 months before they'll unlock a handset.

Can anyone please confirm the correct info? We've both tried ringing again but either can't get an answer or speak to yet another person who either doesn't undetstand what we want or who keeps reading from a script which is irrelevant to the question. I really need this phone unlocked as it'll be a Christmas gift for my child and I would like her to be on the same network as me.

Thank you
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help please - forum team? Anyone?

Hello,

my advice would be to persevere with the phone calls (789 or 0345 6000 789) as ultimately your friend will need to speak to someone from the Virgin mobile team in order to obtain an unlock code.

I realize that it can be frustrating at times (I've been there myself) but find the best thing to do is just be patient & if you're getting nowhere with the person you are talking to, politely hang up & re-dial.

AlexKid :-)

Catkilic
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, yeah I think that's all we cab really do. Do you know of any email addresses that we can contact virgin on please? The website is a nightmare for finding contact details. I'll keep. calling but it would also be nice to have an answer in writing because of the number of different answers they keep giving over the phone.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I don't think its possible any longer to email the team at Virgin mobile.

The nearest you could get would be to message one of this forums Virgin team (Mat_H or Stephen_B for example) - You can do this by "clicking" on their name & selecting the message option.

However apart from them perhaps being able to clarify Virgins unlock procedure, you're still going to have to get your friend who purchased the phone to call & speak to someone to request the unlock.

Hang in there,

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos