Menu
grovecc
Just joined
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Help needed urgently

I am now abroad after telling Virgin twice that I was going. Data roaming is 'on' in My Account but I have had no service since arriving yesterday evening. I am urgently waiting for text messages and need to be able to phone back to the UK. Please message me to get me sorted ASAP. Thank you.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help needed urgently

Welcome to the no roaming club, Virgin will be along soon to give no useful advice other than to phone an expensive number !
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi grovecc,

Welcome the community and thanks for posting. I'm truly sorry you're having trouble roaming abroad. This is not something we like to hear.

It's possible the roaming setting has not gone live on EE's end. There's a way you can try to reset this from abroad. Please click here to log in and follow these steps:-

Online account > Plan and device > Manage services > Going abroad

If it shows it's turned on then please turn it off. You will then get a green message. You'll need to wait 2-24 hours for this to be successful. Then you repeat the process to turn it back on again waiting a further 2-24 hours.

Failing that a call would need to be made in to our team to diagnose further. The number you need is +447953967967. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
thisised
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Haha you couldn't make it up! Nothing is ever virgins fault, ever!
simplycool18
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do NOT listen to the absurd advice from the forum team. The advise is absolute rubbish and does not work. I have been abroad twice in the last 6 weeks and despite promises from Virgin, I did not get any overseas connection at all. The company is full of **bleep** and lies continually. MY ADVISE is to get out of Virgine mobile as quickly as possible and join a bona fide company. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
Tags (1)
simplycool18
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I forgot to add that there are hundreds of complaints regarding Virgin overseas connections and even a virgin customer service representative confirmed this and his own phone didn't work overseas 3 months ago
Andydd68
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I agree. I've been in France for 3 weeks and despite countless posts , they all boil down to rubbish about DPA and that you must phone, despite knowing the person has no service on their phone, there are other posts where people quote 40 mins plus waits, no answer at all or spending £25 in call charges in fixing a daily that lies with Virgin !

I have never known such awful customer service, I travel abroad a lot and previously every time my phone has worked abroad without issue. As soon as I switch to Virgin, the problems begin !

All I want is roaming switched on, why is that so bloody hard!!??