Menu
Mj500
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Help! Texting abroad

Can anyone help? I am in Canary Islands with uk mobile trying to txt a Spanish mobile but the message keeps failing. Been with virgin for many years but just upgraded to new phone so not sure if international no.s barred on new contract.  Can't seem to get in touch with virgin by email or phone!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! Texting abroad

Hi Mj500,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear you're not able to send a text message whilst abroad.

We don't block international text messages so I suspect there is something else at work here. Could you please answer the following questions:-

Are you connected to a mobile network?

Are you able to make/receive calls?

If you're not able to see a mobile network connection then it's possible you have roaming switched off. You can now enable this via your online account. Please click here to log in and follow these steps:-

Online account > Plan and device > Manage services > Going abroad

If you are connected to a mobile network then roaming is fine. I'd suggest trying to send to a different Spanish number (if one is available) as you may find the number you're trying to text is not working or unable to receive.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Mj500
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! Texting abroad

Hi Rich, 

thanks for your response, I am back in the UK now but did manage to speak with someone at Virgin last week, I was on the orange network whilst in Spain and they suggested I swap to another network. I changed to movie star but it still didn't work.

I will look into it further before I travel again.

thanks for your help

0 Kudos