Menu
rabhrab
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Have lost network access in France! Can anyone help, because Virgin have failed me.

Hi everyone, newbie here so please be gentle.  My wife and I both have Virgin mobiles (Sony Xperia M4 Aqua) that have been working fine while we have been in France for the past month, but last night we both lost all access to any network, (be it SFR, Orange F or Bouygues) and only get the 'EmergencyCalls Only' message scrolling across the top of the screen.  Telephoned the +44 7953 967 967: help line last night (from a landline with it's associated costs!) and was told to switch off, remove SIM card, re-insert SIM and switch on again, access 'available networks' and try a different network (SFR, Orange F, Bouygues) all without success.  Tried repeatedly all day (so far) today to access the online web chat help but only get the 'All of our agents are currently busy. Please try again later.' message.  Can anyone help with this, or tell me how to get help from Virgin without spending a fortune on calling from a landline in France?  Just to confirm, we are both have roaming on and have had satisfactory network access for the past month while in France, but now nothing.

Soory for going on, and on, and on, but.........................!!!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Have lost network access in France! Can anyone help, because Virgin have failed me.

Hi rabhrab,

there is a known network issue with roaming at the moment.

The "Sticky" at the top of these forum posts: Issues with Roaming in the EU

They are working to fix it. Periodically switch flight mode or your phone off/on again in order for it to search and hopefully connect to an available partner network as the problem becomes resolved.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Have lost network access in France! Can anyone help, because Virgin have failed me.

Hi rabhrab,

there is a known network issue with roaming at the moment.

The "Sticky" at the top of these forum posts: Issues with Roaming in the EU

They are working to fix it. Periodically switch flight mode or your phone off/on again in order for it to search and hopefully connect to an available partner network as the problem becomes resolved.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

rabhrab
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks AlexKid, I'll certainly try your suggestions, but is this a Virgin problem or someone else because the person I spoke to last night did not say that there was a problem with roaming at the moment.  If he had it would have been a (slight) consolation, but no acknowledgement was made.  Anyway, I'll just have to try and be patient..............

0 Kudos