Menu
bigmac1948
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have just updated my sony experia m2 to lollipop 5.1 can't set caller ringtone

Have gone into contacts and assigned a ringtone to a contact but it reverts back to the default Looked on you tube and the videos all show to do it as I have done but no joy Any help would be appreciated Cheers Brian

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have just updated my sony experia m2 to lollipop 5.1 can't set caller ringtone

HI Bigmac1948,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry you're having issues with setting the custome ringtone. I want to get this all sorted for you.

Are you able to reboot the phone to see if this helps? After a software update, refreshing the cache by rebooting will fix most issues like this.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Have just updated my sony experia m2 to lollipop 5.1 can't set caller ringtone

Hi Bigmac1948,

How are you getting on with the caller ringtone? Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
bigmac1948
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your reply but still unable to set caller ringtone

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with the ringtones bigmac1948 Smiley Sad

Can you let me know what diagnostics you've already carried out on the phone so I can look into this further for you? 

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
bigmac1948
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

was working perfectly before upgrading but now some contacts work others don't have tried closing down but still the same even go through the task of opening contacts selecting one then edit and in drop down menu set ringtone and done but when contact rings it is default ringtone

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply bigmac1948 Smiley Happy

This may be a potential software issue with the phone. I'll chase this up on my side and will let you know if I see anything.

Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bigmac1948,

I've chased this up for you and I can't see any problems on our side and we've received no other call for this.

Can you let me know if you're still having the problem?

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
bigmac1948
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for not replying sooner The problem is still there no matter what ringtone i set it reverts back to the phone ringtone

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bigmac1948,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

If this has happened after a software update, I'm afraid that it's more than likely a software defect since nothing will solve the problem. Sony may rectifiy this in a further update.

I'm sorry I couldn't help further on this. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos