Menu
lineyj1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Has the porting off mobile numbers been sorted yet.

Has the mobile porting been sorted yet 

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Has the porting off mobile numbers been sorted yet.

Not for me on Orange, I was told yesterday give it a "few" days.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi liney1,

Sorry to hear about your porting number issues.

There was an issue with some number ports recently which caused a few to be delayed.

An update on this issue was they should be cleared at some point today. I would advise on checking again tomorrow and then let us know if the problem persists.

Cheers

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

jhuk wrote:

Not for me on Orange, I was told yesterday give it a "few" days.

Make sure you request a credit from VM:

Can't tell if you're leaving VM and going to Orange or vice versa, but if you're having to pay for two SIMs because your number can't be transferred, VM should give you a credit.

Even if you're only paying for one service, you should be entitled to recompense because you are missing calls while waiting for the number to be transferred.

0 Kudos
jhuk
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for info, I was leaving Orange to come to VM and the Sim was PAYG so I lost about £17 credit when it was ported and now I have no contract/account with Orange as soon as that port was done by VM.

I have been given 10 days credit (my next billing date) so I do not get billed £1per day for DATA as the 50% I had left to last me 2 week was killed by resetting my phone a few times at request of VM Tech to try get my ported number to be 100%.

This is even though WIFI is used but DATA still get used a tiny bit each time use Google Store (Background Data) and on a factory wipe its a good chunk till you get far enough to set up WIFI

The phone and Sim readers all seen the number the Sim came with even though my phone did dial out using my ported number.

Today I am sitting here waiting on a call back from activation to activate this replacement Sim that is supposed to have my number in it from the factory.

It does not have a phone number on credit card sized holder, it says "up and running again" where number was on previous one.

So far the CS have been unable to activate it but are calling me back in 40mins.

If they loose my 20 year old number in the Matrix I will be very mad.

EDIT:  CS called back he cannot get this to work and ask me to just use the old (2week old) Sim, I asked why do you think I am going through this in the 1st place.

I try to explain my ported number does work but the Sim still shows original number as the phone number and voicemail numbers both in the phone and in a Sim reader.

It is not the phone to blame as it with this newer Sim does not see any numbers as its not activated.

He told me its not possible as my ported number works (he called me on it), I know it works but the TECH told me the Sim is not ported 100% and I know by the fact you can edit this information on some phones to "hack/Fix" this issue that it does not actually change your real phone number only the info your phone status reads.

He is going to call me back at 10am tommorrow after system updates, in meantime I leave the older Sim in it that and see if it deactivates then I have to swap to new Sim.

Add this to the Mobile Sites issues and I am not very happy in my 2-3week with VM Mobile.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jhuk,

How did you get on with the call today?

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos