Menu
hdegeus
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Half Ported Number - Split service issue

So It has now been over 7 days waiting for my problem to be resolved.

I understand from reading other posts that I have a split service issue.

I can call people and it shows my old number that was ported across. However when people try to call me it says the number is out of service. However it works for people calling me that are on the EE network.

I also cannot sent text message to anyone that is not on EE.

I've spoke to many support centre people including managers. Many of them promise to call me back the next day and then don't.
I've never experienced such a bad service in all my life and wish I hadn't chosen Virgin mobile.

I've also been given false information on several occasions until being informed that it's a problem with EE since 20th June.

I've escalated twice to no avail as the managers have proven to be equally as bad in keeping their promises.

Outsourcing service contracts to overseas call centres may save money but ruin the reputations of companies 😤

I've asked to speak to the technical team several times but they are hiding behind the service desk, not willing to speak to customers.

I can't leave Virgin mobile because they can't supply a PAC code until the transfer is complete.

As already mentioned, I've now been without a working phone for over a week and am basically being told there is nothing that can be done.

What the hell am I supposed to do? There is no means of escalating the technical issue and experiences of bad service.

Only thing left is to call the mobile phone regulators to complain about Virgin mobile😡

I would greatly appreciate if anyone has any suggestions 👍🏻
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Half Ported Number - Split service issue

Hi hdegeus

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your number port.

I can see it's a few days since your post - I just wanted to check if you still require some assistance with this?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
hdegeus
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for asking.

Yes I do require support as the problem is still not resolved!

I find it unbelievable that customers are left without the full use of their mobile phones with no solution in sight.

I've been advised that this is an issue with EE and that there is currently no solution.

I work in the management side of IT for a global company, this would not be acceptable within any industry and there must be a workaround to correct the corruption.  However, in the case of Virgin Mobile nobody seems interested in sorting this out.

In my opinion, if Virgin Mobile as a company was losing money through an IT fault then the bugs would be rectified immediately.

My contract is with Virgin Mobile, therefore in my opinion Virgin Mobile must apply pressure to get this issue resolved.

If there is anybody out there who can resolve this problem, I would be most grateful for your support as I am banging my head against a brick wall.
I am due to go on holiday in a couple of weeks where having use of my mobile is critical.

My current workaround is to use WhatsApp, however I do not wish to use data abroad as it will cost me a small fortune.

Regards,

Henk

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi hdegeus

Thanks for your reply.

I'm really sorry to hear this hasn't yet been resolved.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
hdegeus
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well, it has now been 16 days and my problem is still not resolved.

I'm stuck with a company that I clearly do not wish to use due to extremely poor customer service.

Despite the kind offer of assistance from Mark, I am still not able to use my phone.

Anyone reading this, I strongly advise not using Virgin Mobile.  You will be signing up for what is in my opinion the worst mobile provider I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

If this was an issue that was losing Virgin money, I'm sure they would have found a manual workaround.

I cannot understand why this issue is not yet resolved, as nobody allows me to speak with the technical team.

Please spread the word so that nobody else experiences what some of us are going through.

I will myself start spreading the word via social media and other mobile forums as this is not acceptable.  People are still being ported across despite Virgin being fully aware of the current issue!

Nobody should have to experience this level of loss in service.

0 Kudos
McCawley
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have had a similar problem for over two weeks now. My number has been ported across and shows on my account page. But when I text or phone it is billed to the number I want to keep but no one can call me on my number only the virgin number. Apparently an EE problem. Total shambles.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi hdegeus,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you and for the ongoing issue with porting your number. I have responded via pm from your post on this other thread: Mobile number 'half-ported'!!

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi McCawley,

Welcome to the Forum--I'm sorry that you have been experiencing a problem with your number port. Apologies as well for the delay in responding to your post. Is this working for you now?

If you are still having problems with this, please let me know and I'll get this escalated to our porting team. I'll pop a private message over to you requesting more details.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry McCawley, 

I'm not able to access your mobile details on our system from your Forum details.

Give us a call on 789 (freephone from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline) to chase this up further. You can also get in touch with us via WebChat: Contact Us.
Many Thanks,

0 Kudos
hdegeus
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I would just like to say that after 20 days, my porting is now completed!

Excellent customer service Virgin! Well done........! Yes this is sarcasm 😤

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos