Menu
Hexigan
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HTC M8s Sends Texts to Random People in my Address Book

Hi there, I have recently upgraded from Sony Xperia to HTC M8s. I used the HTC Transfer App to transfer all of my contacts, emails, texts etc from the Sony to my new HTC.

All has been well until a few weeks ago. I sent a friend a Text Message (selected him individually from the address book) and when I sent the text, there was only his details in the "To" box. I got replies to this text from other people in my address book who had also received this same text (this could be quite dangerous if the wrong person reads a text not intended for them). It appears that this text had sent to about 6 people in total.

Another instance, yesterday I sent a Group Text to my Mum, Dad and Brother. My mum and brother sent replies which seem to be fine. Got a reply from my Dad which I thought was all fine until I replied. It sent my reply to my Dad, also my Mum and another person in my Address Book !!!!!!

This is really annoying and as I said could be very dangerous.

I have searched the Web and there are a few posts about the same issue but no-one seems to have found a resolution. I am using the Standard Message App on the phone. I have tried deleting the contacts it seems to be having problems with and re-instating them manually but the problem persists. I am now very anxious about sending texts as I cannot be sure who they are going to.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppp

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: HTC M8s Sends Texts to Random People in my Address Book

Hi Hexigan,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry for any frustration caused by the erratic SMS messages. I'm afraid I've not seen anything like this on our side. Are the contacts Phone contacts, Sim Contacts or Google contacts?

You can check this by opening the contact info of the specific contacts affected.

Let me know as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It might be an idea to post this on the android forums.

Just a total guess, but I reckon that your contacts and/or stock messaging app are messed up, and your texts are being sent as group texts.

It's possible that if you've sent messages to those receipients on the old phone as a group, that's how they've been imported to the new phone.

If it's the messaging app that's buggy, it can be fixed by going to the play store and getting an alternative.

0 Kudos
Hexigan
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

the Contacts are Phone Contacts

Regards

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Hexigan Smiley Happy

I've replied to your other post regarding this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos