Menu
tooseyman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

HELP with voicemail fiasco???

Have wasted several hours today trying to resolve an issue with a virgin mobile payg sim which I have used without problem for about 6 years. Switched phone on today and everytime I receive a call it keeps going to voicemail before I can answer it. Phone rings for exactly 15 seconds then goes straight to voicemail. Everything was fine before weekend now today the sim is useless. Have tried many times to switch off all call diverts etc but it keeps reverting back again. Customer service is useless as they keep telling me sim is registered to previous owner, but as phone and sim was bought secondhand over 6 years ago it's impossible to supply any of the security details. All I want is the voicemail turned off but CS tell me I have to log into my account to do it, which is obviously not possible as I never needed to regsiter :-(

I use this number for a small business so would be a major task to change number, otherwise I would ditch Virgin mobile without hesitation!

Have tried sim in another phone but still same problem, switch off diverts but look again and they are turned back on again. Talk about frustrating. What can I do??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: HELP with voicemail fiasco???

Does this help?

0 Kudos
tooseyman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply, but unfortunately your solution does not work. Really getting fed up with this problem now, especially as voicemail was always turned off before and then mysteriously got switched without my knowledge.

Anyone from Virgin in here that can advise how to permanently disable voicemail? Or at least switch it OFF?? a phone that only rings 4 times before going to voicemail is utterly useless!!!

Phone (old Nokia) and Sim bought second hand over 6 years ago so impossible to access any online account info as suggested by Virgin CS.

0 Kudos
tooseyman
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone from Virgin Mobile actually reply to requests for help on here? It's simple enough, how can I turn off the voicemail on my phone?? I never turned it on, never used it before and don't know why VM activated it because I never asked them to.

Tried calling 789 for help and to put it bluntly, they are about as useful as a chocolate teapot :-( 

I would never recommend VM to anyone else because the CS is useless.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

What about dialling #004#

?

0 Kudos
tooseyman
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Tried this already and every other suggestion I could find on this and other forums to deactivate voicemail but nothing works. Phone says diverts are off but look again and they are back on again. Fault is clearly with Virgin Mobile network but the idiots refuse to answer on here and the staff on 789 are completely useless. Without doubt this is the worst telecom company I have ever dealt with!!

0 Kudos
tooseyman
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

A REPLY FROM SOMEONE AT VIRGIN MOBILE WOULD BE APPRECIATED PLEASE?

Given up trying with the morons on 789 as they are utterly useless. Really fed up with being ignored to be honest :-(

0 Kudos
tooseyman
Tuning in
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Is there an email address for technical support as getting nowhere waiting for a reply on here??

Don't suggest calling 789 as quite frankly a VM customer would probably receive a more intelligent reply if calls were diverted to the monkey enclosure at London Zoo.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@ForumTeam can someone reply to this please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi tooseyman,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm terribly sorry you're having problems with the voicemail kicking in after 15 seconds.

My thanks to Gorf for helping to suggest a few things. I can assure you no one has been ignoring this. Every time you post in this thread it sends it to the back of our list.

I'll now send you a private message to discuss your potions further. To view this click on the red envelope on the top left.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos