Menu
ZacksMum
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Google Problems after Software Upgrade

Hi,

I had a software upgrade last night which has caused problems with my google apps.  I've uninstalled everything I can find and restarted several times, but I'm still getting 'Unfortunately Google Play services has stopped' message every few seconds, so it's made it impossible to use my phone since this message overrides everything.

Is anyone else having the same problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Google Problems after Software Upgrade

Hi ZacksMum,

Thanks for your post on the Community Forum and welcome. I'm sorry that you're having a problem with your Google apps since running an upgrade on your phone. Has this been resolved for you since your post?

If you are still having a problem with this, please let me know and I'll look into this for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ZacksMum
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

My phone was completely unusable so I had to restore factory settings to clear the error message, nothing else worked

The problem stemmed from a mandatory software upgrade, I hope there won't be any more upgrades any time soon?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ZacksMum,

The mandatory software updates are required by the manufacturer. What's the make and model of your phone?

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ZacksMum
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again,

It's a Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016).  My husband has the same phone and he's just had the same upgrade message, any advice for him?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ZacksMum,

I'd suggest making sure that all data (pictures, apps, etc.) and contacts on the phone have been backed up before running the software update, that way you can easily restore the information if it's lost.

If you need further help on how to back up this handset, please see the following link to the Samsung online support page: Galaxy J3 - How do I Backup and Restore my Samsung Galaxy J3?. Please be aware that this is the manufacturer's website and not Virgin Media's site.

Please let us know how this goes for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

0 Kudos
ZacksMum
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Great, thanks for your help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos