Menu
Peter92
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Goodwill mobile web removed before monthly refresh?

I was in France for a week as a rep, and on the 24h journey to and from there I accidentally used up my allowance. It didn't help the stuff we were required to do as reps used up like 200mb, but I was admittedly a bit careless on the way back scrolling down facebook (24h sitting in the same place is surprisingly boring).

I use my phone a lot for navigation (my sense of direction is terrible), so I called virgin media when I'd got off the coach to see if I'd be able to buy a few more mb to use google maps, and they said it's not possible, but very nicely added 200mb as a one off to my phone for the month. I've kinda used this cautiously as I really didn't want to be stuck without it again, especially since I managed to sort out some placement thing in Halifax for next week and really need Waze to navigate there and avoid traffic.

However, I just received a text saying they've "removed the mobile allowance from my package and my allowances have been updated". I just checked and "updated" in this case means they've removed it but not refreshed anything else, so I'm stuck again without mobile data for another week.

Does anyone know if this was intentional or not? It showed up under My Account as "goodwill mobile web/allowance" or something, but I can't find any details if I search on google. I just noticed they dropped the price of the travel passes (unless that was an april fools thing), so I don't suppose there's anyway I could buy and use one for over here? 20mb is probably more than enough to last before I get the allowance refreshed.

0 Kudos
Peter92
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Goodwill mobile web removed before monthly refresh?

I called up and it worked on the second attempt (thought they'd be closed), it's not possible to manually buy an extra few emergency mb (so definitely don't run out when you need your phone to navigate you), though they nicely re-added the goodwill stuff for the remainder of the month until my contract refreshes Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear you got this all sorted Peter92 Smiley Happy

Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Peter92 wrote:
I called up and it worked on the second attempt (thought they'd be closed), it's not possible to manually buy an extra few emergency mb (so definitely don't run out when you need your phone to navigate you), though they nicely re-added the goodwill stuff for the remainder of the month until my contract refreshes Smiley Happy

You could download and try "Here Maps", a free navigation app and you can download Maps for anywhere in the world your going to and navigate without data on :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos