Menu
flashgooner
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Goodbye!

I have been with Virgin Mobile,since 2011 when ordering a Blackbery on a two year contract, I then upgraded to a Samsung S3 which ended around 10/02/15.
The phone I had was fine and it was a 30 pound a month contract which had a pretty basic call package.
I never wanted to upgrade so carried on with the phone I had, (never took out,agreed to, signed, or asked for any contract!),5 months of direct debit fees later, I noted the bill had increased to 48 pound per month as I had been put on a premium rate!
I never asked for this and certainly did not want it so called them, and demanded my moneys back which they did, and said they would rectify the problem,charging the original 30 pounds per month, (should really have been less as the phone is paid for),you guessed it, they never! and continued to charge me 48 pounds per month, this has continued to this date,20/09/16. Between these dates I have probably spoken to every poor speaking representative in their office and each time am told the manager will call me, (never does), and I eventually get my moneys back after an mentally draining conversation with the other side of the world.
Even when promised they would reduce this account to a sim only at 15 pounds a month as I just had enough of spending probably a week of my life speaking with these children, and wanting my PAC Code, they still charged me 48 pounds per month!
I am owed 2 months over payment and am still awaiting a managers call, for approval, as they cant give moneys owed without authorization, been told 30 days,(YES really 30 days), 10 days,(which is the usual), and twice, "it will be today" never ever spoken to one yet!
The moneys usually just appear in my bank.
I now have my PAC code and new sim on route, also a lot cheaper with more on it, should have acted months ago!!!
Be sure I will spread the word of your actions Virgin! 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Goodbye!

Hi flashgooner,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum. I appreciate that this is not an ideal situation, seeing that you have called in on numerous occasions trying to sort the billing issue out. I apologise for the inconvenience this causes. 

I understand you're unhappy with the situation. If you have raised a formal complaint by calling or writing in to us (please see Contact Us: www.virginmedia.com/contactus > Something Else > Making a complaint for these details) and have not come to a satisfactory resolution within 8 weeks, there are other options you can take, as outlined in our Code of Practice found on our Help pages.

To access this information, please go to Terms and conditions - Our Codes of Practice: Our service

If you would like to escalate your concerns to us then please get in touch following those methods to allow us to deal with your complaint in the proper procedure.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
flashgooner
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Goodbye!

To whom do I write? I have tried on numerous occasions to speak via phone, online chat, and may as well talk to a brick!

I was told on the phone on several occasions that you would amend the bill, hence you reimbursed me the sums of moneys meeting the original contract amount of 30 pounds, yet on every occasion you continued to take the full amount of 48 pounds!

I am now being told that you have no record of this, so the 48 billing stands! as its in the small print when a contract ends!! I have asked you to change this and you never! I have been asking you to change this for over a year!! 

I now have letters with final demands for 41 pounds, You took 48 pounds of me when saying you would change it to a sim only for 15 pound.

I am compiling proof of sums of moneys taken and reimbursed and will only now wish to contact you via letter as this is the only way of proof of you actually doing what you say you will do.

To all in this community, do not believe for one minute that an online or phone rep is proof of actions. GET IT IN WRITING via an email or letter!!

I look forward to your response!!!

0 Kudos