Menu
Geordiemick
Dialled in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Goodbye Virgin.

Some may remember my posts regarding your billing department and their abject incompetence in changing my direct debit date to the one agreed when I took out 2 contracts with yourselves and after repeated tries they failed for 6 months and I had to keep cancelling them, pay by card and set new ones up and I said I would get penalised for appearing to pay late and was assured it wouldn't happen? Well guess what, it has. After bring with you for years and running 4 accounts apparently I'm no longer credit worthy with you as I'm a late payer. Add to this the absolute fiasco of being given wrong advice when I did ask for help due to I'll health and having a heart attack in being told to ignore all correspondence from you and then being billed for the full amounts on 2 contracts after making an agreement which I held up my part and now after all this time and my track record you no longer wish for me to remain a customer. Rest assured I won't be and will never touch another mobile product from your what is now a joke of a company which actually penalises loyal customers for your own gross incompetence and instead of offering an upgrade at the end of a contract like every other mobile operator, now tells it's customers that even though the have paid their bills and kept their accounts running despite being ill and in these economic times that they are no longer credit worthy as they have failed a credit check. Well, I shall take the £72 pm I spent with you, buy a phone outright and go pay as you go with a company that does care about its customers and can even provide 4g which seems beyond your capabilities and I will save a mint. My credit rating is already shot through and even when I've struggled financially through being in hospital and unable to work through disability I've always kept my accounts running, even if I have been late I always rang to let you know what was happening and fed this rubbish. But apparently this counts for nothing with you so this is where me and Virgin part company after 10 years,4 years of which I've ran contracts. Thanks for nothing Virgin,though I do look forward to not having to make stressful phonecards to you idiot overseas operators every month so I suppose that could be classed as a bonus.
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Goodbye Virgin.

Hi Geordiemick,

I'm really sorry to hear you're leaving us Smiley Sad

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to keep you on board.

We'd love to keep you.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Geordiemick
Dialled in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It now gets better! Due to their non stop **bleep** ups and not reconnecting my phone, I could not swap to the number I'm using now and was told not to cancel the number I wanted to upgrade as it would leave me with no phone. Today I have had a bill for £27 for the extra time I've had to use it due to their incompetence. I've had no phone call explaining any of their decisions and again it's been left to me to do their work for them. I seriously think someone at your company must be taking the **bleep** out of me as this whole fiasco is down to your billing department not knowing their backsides from their elbows. Just check my previous posts! Now I'm getting the blame for their stupidity and this just bends me over and lifts my shirt. I've had stupid trick possible done to me by them, all except a custard pie in my face. Then I had a stroppy cow telling me I MUST pay when I've rung up to find out what the hell you're playing at. Can you guess what she got told to do with your bill?
0 Kudos
Geordiemick
Dialled in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

And other than the phone I was promised I could have when this fiasco was sorted out and an abject apology for all of the grief, time and stress this has caused me then no, there is nothing you can do. 4 years I had this contract with you and now due to a change in how you do things, instead of being rewarded like most companies do at the end of a contract and the start of a new, I get told to **** off you no longer want my custom and I'm not credit worthy with you. My late payments were mostly down to you lot trying to take money out on a different date than the one agreed when I took 2 other contracts with you and then ballsing things up to such an extent when I did ask for help and giving me totally wrong information when I was recovering from a heart attack and giving that much stress I didn't know where the hell I was and now giving me the blame for it! And still I Joseph to my word, but that counts for nothing with Virgin as "computer sez no". So you tell me, how do you think I feel and what do you think you can do to rectify this for a now departing long term customer who has been treated abysmally by your company? What would do it for you Matt? How would you feel? What would you think?
0 Kudos
Geordiemick
Dialled in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Forgive the spell check but I'm past caring now. I've done my best to be a good customer and keep my accounts in order and change the DD date so many times I've lost count, each time I've been told it's sorted only to find that it isn't. At least 8! But apparently that's my fault!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geordiemick,

I'm really sorry that you've had so much trouble with us. I want to help as much as I can for you.

The last time we spoke I mentioned that one of our team has been in touch with you. Did you get back to them regarding this?

Let me know when you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Geordiemick
Dialled in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes I got back in touch but she couldn't help any further she said as one of your colleagues DARED me to put a complain into OFCOM, so I did. The way he spoke to me was disgusting, I warned him I was at the end of my rope with this and said I was thinking about it and he cleverly to me to "Go on then!". So I did. A woman rang twice and then didn't ring after that so I had to ring and start asking and this is where I found that a note was left on my account by your "back office team" stating I was a late player and refusing to amend my file. I have kept in touch with you through all of this grief I've had, repeatedly doing their jobs for them as I was determined to keep my accounts with you in good standing, even though some serious health conditions which started in November and culminating with a heart attack in December after Christmas. This is when I asked for help and they told me one thing which was rubbish and did entirely the opposite. And still I stuck to my word and did exactly as agreed with collections and was told "not to worry". So I'm being blamed for late payments by them having at least 8 goes at changing DD dates and not doing to be told 6 months later they can't as I've to have at least 3 clear payments. Again, told more rubbish. Then to be told to ignore you demand letters as "they knew about it. They are system generated". Then told to ignore the demand for the full amounts for the same reasons. Then told to ignore debt collectors demands as it was a "mistake". Something else I had to sort and all after a heart attack and in recovery. Then they didn't reconnect my lines as promised for a month and you know the rest. All the bull they gave me about why It wasn't done for 2 more weeks. I've now had 12, yes 12,different DD mandates, up to 4 a day! And still got debt collectors after me 2 weeks ago for a "mistake" that was paid over a month ago. So as you can imagine I'm not too happy. I've kept to my word. I've told you of the problems. I've always paid my bills. And now I'm getting mugged off.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I agree that it's not acceptable Geordiemick,

I'm afraid I'm very limited with what I can do to help with this. If you could please reply to the last email our team sent, we'll do all we can to help you out here.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Geordiemick
Dialled in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have but not heard anything else. I'm really annoyed about this as now I really am stuck. Even when I've struggled, and I have as I'm on benefits, I always made sure Virgin got their bit as it's my one "extravigance" is my tech and handset so I made sure that even if I was late, it was always paid. I need a handset for emergencies as I also have fits and I'm paranoid schizophrenic so it is a necessary tool also. To be told to downgrade at best and get locked into a 2 year contract for a handset already 12 months out of date and the same as the one I want to replace is totally unacceptable and even had one clown tell me "It works. Just get airtime off us." After all this? I'd rather use a baked bean **bleep** on string before I did that. I feel really bitter about this and seriously let down. Virgin, the only company where if you pay your bills you get rewarded and thanked by being told to DOWNGRADE or bugger off as they've changed to a "better" policy this month. Better for who I wonder?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If you've popped a mail over to us Geordiemick, we'll definitely be in touch. Keep checking your spam folder to make sure the reply hasn't turned up in there.

We want to do all we can to make sure this is fixed for you.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos