Menu
Kikimay
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Gone to Spain and got no service

I'm currently in Spain and my Virgin Mobile won't work it just says No Service  - Help😕

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Gone to Spain and got no service

Hi Kikimay,

are you pay as you go or pay monthly?

Have you checked that roaming is active on your account?

If so, turning your phone off & on again should make it search for a network.
If the battery is removable you could try taking it out whilst the phone is turned on, then replace it & turn the phone back on, This will reboot the phone.

Are you able to go into the phone settings & manually select a network?

Post back.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kikimay,

are you pay as you go or pay monthly?

Have you checked that roaming is active on your account?

If so, turning your phone off & on again should make it search for a network.
If the battery is removable you could try taking it out whilst the phone is turned on, then replace it & turn the phone back on, This will reboot the phone.

Are you able to go into the phone settings & manually select a network?

Post back.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kikmay

Thanks for joining us on the community and popping by with your first post to us Smiley Happy

I apologise that you don't appear to have coverage with us in Spain.

There is some great help regarding roaming abroad available on our Roaming sticky on the forum.

You can access your account as mentioned by @AlexKid in the great support offered above,  and you can check if your roaming is active by logging into Your Account.

Click on plan and device > Click the tab manage services.

Make sure roaming is set to ‘on’ here. If it isn't move the tab to ‘on’ and click ‘update’. You’ll then get a green success message. Please be aware that it can take up to 24hrs for this to go live on your account.

Please double check that call barring to prevent calls abroad is also not set to 'on' too as this may prevent access.

Once you've checked all this, then you could try:

• Turning your phone off and then back on again
  • Go into your phone settings and select a network manually.
  • Try removing your phone’s battery, while it’s still switched on – this helps reboot it and find a local network.

If after all the above has been tried you still have no access then if you could contact our teams via +44345 600 789 from a roaming handset or land line so we can take a further look into this for you.

For full details on call and data costs and coverage while you're away, or answers to any other question about using your mobile on your trip, check out the International calling section at virginmobile.co.uk/help

Please let us know how this goes for you -and I hope you've had a lovely holiday in Spain too.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
pfh1959
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I had trouble connecting to a network in spain once go into network and select another network operator manually
0 Kudos