Menu
gindy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Going to New Zealand, need help and advice please.

Hi guys,

I'm travelling to New Zealand soon and want to know the costs for using data, making calls, and sending texts please?

Also if anyone has any useful tips/tricks or advice in general regarding virgin mobile usage, I'd be eternally grateful for you passing that along.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie.
I'm just a Virgin mobile customer, like you.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Going to New Zealand, need help and advice please.

Here's the cost info, link: https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

Make sure that you have International call barring disabled on your account. Also, ensure that roaming is enabled in your account. This will save you a lot of hassle - so make sure that those checks are done.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Here's the cost info, link: https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

Make sure that you have International call barring disabled on your account. Also, ensure that roaming is enabled in your account. This will save you a lot of hassle - so make sure that those checks are done.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
gindy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @shelke that's what I needed. Blimey though I was hoping for the ability to buy a bundle whilst I'm out there. I've also got an O2 paym account as well though so I'll likely just use TuGo and avoid costs that way.

I will probs also get a local SIM for data if where we're staying doesn't have free WiFi (it's a motel so will probs charge a small fortune for Wi-Fi access)

Thanks again,

Charley
I'm just a Virgin mobile customer, like you.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

gindy wrote:

I will probs also get a local SIM for data if where we're staying doesn't have free WiFi (it's a motel so will probs charge a small fortune for Wi-Fi access)

That's what I do when abroad in general - buy a throw away PAYG handset+SIM or just the SIM (if the phone I have at the time is unlocked) and when then vacation was over I'd bin it the SIM/throwaway PAYG phone+SIM. Free cheap/WiFi availability is really patchy Cat Sad

My SIM (pay monthly) is with O2, the TuGo go thing is pretty useful.

- - - - - -
0 Kudos