Menu
BodgerBob
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Getting phone on Freestyle, but already have SIM only

Hello All, 

My Daughter has a second hand phone and I pay her SIM only contract.   She now wants a new phone on Freestyle.  Do I have to stop the existing SIM only contract, and she begin a new one in her name? 

I would like to continue to pay for her call and data, allowing her to buy the phone over 2 years.

Thanks in advance

Bob

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting phone on Freestyle, but already have SIM only

Hi Bob,

that all depends really on how you want to go about things.

If your daughters SIM only contract is in your name, you could apply for an "upgrade" to phone contract.

If you are successful in passing Virgin's external credit check for the loan on the handset. You would then start your new contract and pay your handset (loan instalment) + tariff (minutes, texts, data) keeping the same SIM / number.

(Perhaps you could ask your daughter to contribute to cover the phone repayments if you wish her to pay that part).

Or if you/your daughter want the contract to be in her name. She would have to apply and pass the credit checks then you could contribute towards her tariff as you wish.

In this scenario you would have to cancel the SIM only plan giving 30 days notice as your daughter will be issued with a new SIM / number with her new phone / contract.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

BodgerBob
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Alex - so the two parts of the plan (phone purchase and call plan) have to be paid by the same person?

Cheers

Bob

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BodgerBob wrote:

Thanks Alex - so the two parts of the plan (phone purchase and call plan) have to be paid by the same person?

Cheers

Bob

Yes, they form one monthly payment which is then split by Virgin. The idea is you can pay the loan for the phone off early if you want to upgrade without having to buy out the whole contract. 

0 Kudos
BodgerBob
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok, but I'm sure my Son's plan was 3 completely seperate payments - on different dates too. (he had insurance as well)

This is why I thought I could carry on paying my Daughters Call Plan - just to help with costs...

Bob

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the forums Bodgerbob Smiley Happy

We'll be able to check all the payments made on our side. Please give us a quick call on 789 or 0345 6000 789 and we'll get on the case as soon as possible.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos