Menu
37eeyore
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Getting a replacement sim card

I’m going through the trauma of replacing my sim card. The girl I spoke to at cusyomer services was very nice and extremely sympathetic. She told me she could send me a new sim card and for an extra £2.99 I could have it next day between 7 in the morning and 9. What she failed to say was that it would be delivered by Yodel and the 9 was 9pm not 9am as I was led to believe. It would have come quicker if it was put in the post box with a first class stamp, and that would have been a lot cheaper. As it is, I have been to two Yodel service centres trying to track it down and then had to spend all day in doors waiting for it to be delivered. Why don’t you use Royal Mail signed for? Could I have picked a sim card up from my local Virgin Mobile shop?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting a replacement sim card

Hi 37eeyore,

Thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry for the confusion regarding the replacement SIM card. I appreciate this is frustration because you need is as soon as possible to get your phone back working.

Have you received this yet?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
37eeyore
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The sim arrived at 6.40pm and, after waiting in all day, I didn't need to sign for it. Why not just post it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 37eeyore,

Thanks for keeping me updated.

SIM cards are usually sent via Royal Mail so I'm not really sure what option the agent selected when they ordered this for you.

I'm really pleased to hear it's now turned up and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
37eeyore
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

When the sim card arrived it had an invoice with it that said I wasn't being charged for the card or for delivery. Just seen my bill and I got charged the  £2.99 for sending it by Yodel. I didn't get the service I was  led to believe I was paying for and it was slower and a lot more aggravation than Royal Mail. I've already spent my time and money running around the Yodel  depots trying to track down the card and I don't see why I should pay for a delivery service that I didn't want you said they shouldn't have used.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 37eeyore,

Thanks for your reply.

Totally appreciate your frustration here.

I will send you a private message shortly (red envelope, top left hand side) to get this looked into.

Speak soon

Many thanks

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi 37eeyore,

I didn't hear back form you after I sent the private message to you.

I was just wondering how you got on.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos