Menu
Martha1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Getting a new sim sent through for different type of phone.

I have smashed my iPhone 4 to the point where the touchscreen doesn't work at all, and I don't have the money to repair it. I was wondering whether instead it would be possible to buy a £7 phone and get virgin to send through a new sim card with my normal contract for a new type of phone. This would be easier because my contract runs out at Christmas and I do most of my messaging on my iPod or Facebook, but occasionally I do need to call people. Does anyone know if this is possible?

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting a new sim sent through for different type of phone.

In theory, yes, you should be able to phone 789 or 150, and ask for a new SIM, but need to explain you want to retain your existing number, just need a new SIM, (I assume the sim will need to be a different size to the existing one, if not, just swap the SIM from your old phone to the new one) as you only need to ask for a new SIM if a different size is needed.

0 Kudos
ericos
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting a new sim sent through for different type of phone.

As above its a common thing, I recently swapped to a nano sim retaining number. Depending on who you talk to they may say it costs £5. Say you spoke to somebody previously & was told it would be free. They will offer an opyional next day delivery for £2.99 - I wouldnt  bother, it wont arrive next day.

photo speedtest.png
0 Kudos