Menu
GBDawg1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Getting a new Nano Sim

Hope someone can help with this.

My other half has an old blackberry phone and we've all agreed she needs to get with the program so I have bought her an iPhone for her birthday. What this means is that she will need to get a nano sim to replace her existing standard one. However, there are two problems with this:

1. The present is a surprise, so somehow or other, I have to persuade her to let me speak to Virgin about her account and order one. Reckon I will be able to do this, so no problem here - or hopefully not.

2. I saw somewhere else that you have to go through an activation process once you have set your other phone up. This won't be for another month, so no rush on that score, but the problem is that we are on holiday during the course of her birthday (France) so will I be able to make the switchover while we are over there? Ideally I would like to get the text sent, or whatever it is you have to do, the day before so her new phone is working when she opens it.

Would appreciate some assistance on whether this is possible and what I would have to do to set it up. Obviously she is a pay monthly Virgin customer already and we would be continuing with the same package.

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting a new Nano Sim

I'm not sure you can get the activation done when you are abroad. But someone may correct me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gbdawg1,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'll be happy to clear this up for you.

I'm afraid that if the account is in someone elses name, you'd be unable to order the sim as Data Protection needs to be passed by the account holder.

Sorry if this spoils any surprises. I'm afraid that we'd be unable to override this.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
GBDawg1
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah the rather tedious "data protection" line. I'd been expecting that. What if I was authorised to speak to you about her account? Presumably that changes things?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi gbdawg1,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

This would need to be done on the same call. The account holder would need to pass data protection and then pass the phone to you.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos