Menu
Kellg4
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Galaxy j3 problems and wifi

Does anybody know how to fix the problem of my galaxy j3 not connecting to wifi at home and a few other places.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Galaxy j3 problems and wifi

Hey Kellg4, 

Welcome to the community!

I am sorry to hear that your Galaxy J3 isn’t connecting to the Wi-Fi. I have picked up a little trick that may help you, try the following:

• Go to Wi-Fi in your phone - find your home connection (or any other connections) - tap on this - tap on forget - restart handset.

• Switch your modem off for a couple of seconds - turn it back on again and allow to fully load

• Go back into Wi-Fi on your phone - select the home Wi-Fi - enter password - tap on connect

Give this a try and you will find that it will most likely connect. It will be harder to do that with any other Wi-Fi connection, but follow the phone instructions and try just forgetting and connecting again. 

Let me know how you get on,

Take care, 

Kelly 

0 Kudos
Kellg4
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Phone has been reset modem reset ,nothing works and virgin now says to contact Samsung to sort it out because it's not a fault on there end .Even though the phone connects to all wifi except virgin .
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey Kellg4

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing issues with your Samsung J3 connecting to the Wi-Fi on your Virgin Hub.

We are aware of an issue with the Samsung J3 connecting up to Wi-Fi. If you're experiencing the same issue then it can be resolved by changing the SSID on your Super Hub.

The SSID is essentially the name of your Hub as it appears in the list of Wi-Fi connections that come up when you turn on Wi-Fi in the settings on your handset.

Depending on the Hub you have, our handy guide to Configuring Advanced Settings on your router will outline the steps involved. Once changed, try to connect up to the Wi-Fi and see if it can connect.

Hope this helps but any problems do let me know.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Maryam7
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem and changing the name or taking away the hyphen doesn't help. If I restart the hub the phone will connect but not for long. I have contacted virgin a few times now, but no change. I read somewere that it is best to use an other router and put the hub in modem mode. I haven't tried that yet. But will try soon

0 Kudos
Technicotia
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I to have got problems with j3 wifi not connecting I have tried all the fixes listed but no good the phone connects to all other wifi with no problems. Any one have a solution ?

0 Kudos
makemray
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been having this same issue with a J3 and a Hub 3.0  ( worked fine with the Superhub 2.0 ) I followed this tip by 

Welcome to the community!

I am sorry to hear that your Galaxy J3 isn’t connecting to the Wi-Fi. I have picked up a little trick that may help you, try the following:

• Go to Wi-Fi in your phone - find your home connection (or any other connections) - tap on this - tap on forget - restart handset.

• Switch your modem off for a couple of seconds - turn it back on again and allow to fully load

• Go back into Wi-Fi on your phone - select the home Wi-Fi - enter password - tap on connect

0 Kudos