Menu
Paul_I
Superfast
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Galaxy S7 not good enough quality to stream!!!

What a load of bull.

I have the app on my S7 Edge, and while it can manage Tivo, the Technical Requirements shows a list of phones that includes the FLAGSHIP Galaxy S7 as being "not capable of providing an acceptable level of TV streaming quality or content security".

That's amazing considering it has the best screen, best processor, best everything, more or less, and is far superior to dozens and dozens of cheaper phone models.

Virgin - you are telling some kind of lie, or you at least are not revealing the true reasons for the S7 being "incapable".

I find this ridiculous to be honest.

It's a good job the app is free - and at least I can set it to record programmes when I'm at work...

J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Galaxy S7 not good enough quality to stream!!!

The G7 is a top of the range phone with awesome capabilities, but its like running a M series BMW in a town centre. or its that Virgin has a slow 3G service and not a fast 4 G service the G7 needs to provide you with the bandwidth to stream at a decent rate, and there is still no idea of if or when they will get 4G

0 Kudos
Paul_I
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Come on Virgin...

Any update on when that S7 will get to use TV Anywhere?
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not this month, it's only six months wait up to now, a while more I'd guess
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul_I,

Thanks for your post. We’re still working on bringing live TV streaming to various devices, including the Galaxy S7. 

Apologies that there's not been an update on this yet. As soon as we have more information about when this will be available, we will post it on the Forum.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos