Menu
no1male
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Galaxy S6 locked

Hi,

i am posting here in the hope i get some help as i am struggling to find any. As nice as the people on the phone are i am getting pushed all over the place without a resolution.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 on freestyle which i was led to believe would be unlocked so i can use my 3 PAYG sim abroad when i on holiday. Thankfully i tried my 3 sim in the phone and i have been greeted with a 'SIM network unlock PIN' message. I gave you a call and was advised that it would cost me £15 to unlock the phone for use with other network sims. After a lot of grumbles (Like why my phone is locked when using the freestyle method my phone is theoretically unbranded) i paid the £15 and was advised it would take upto 48 hours. 

48 hours later no pin, so i called and was given 2 pins over the phone and neither worked. I was then advised that the phone should have been unlocked anyway and that i shouldn't have been charged the £15 (It has now been refunded). I have also been advised that it is an issue with Samsung as they supply the pins and are aware of the problem.

I then gave Samsung a call and asked them why the pins would not unlock my phone. They advised me that it has nothing to do with them and that i need to speak to the carrier again!

Which brings me to the forums as i will end up going doolally on the phone which isnt fair on the person on the other end.

All i want is someone to tell me what i need to do to unlock MY phone (Which is not on contract as it is a Freestyle phone) so i can use it with another sim for my upcoming holiday.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 19 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Galaxy S6 locked

Another thought. 

Contact Samsung Service and explain what Virgin have said. They won't unlock it but could well confirm if you are being told porkies or not over the firmware.

0 Kudos

All Replies
no1male
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Just out of curiosity, is an admin looking into this? You have managed to reply to plenty of other posts so i am guessing i am just being ignored??

0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi no1male

Typyical admin response is 2 to 3 days, if you check the other posts you see - you'll notice the days difference between the original post and the admin response :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
dazm33
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

is this handset unlocked or not?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

You need to uninstall Mobile Rescue when you want to use a different SIM. Bear in mind that your insurance cover will be affected if Mobile Rescue is not running.
0 Kudos
no1male
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Mobile rescue is not installed and the phone is locked even though I am told it shouldn't be....
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Have you put the wrong PIN or unlock pattern in three times?
0 Kudos
no1male
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

No, the codenibhave used is the code given by VM which doesnt work, the VM sim worms fine but as soon as I put the 3 pin in it asks for a sim network unlock pin. The 3 some works fine in my old phone
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi no1male,

Thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry to hear your Samsung galaxy S6 is currently locked to our network. It's not supposed to be as it is part of the freestyle range.

I've spoken to an expert regarding unlocking codes and they've come back to me to say it's been linked to the software on the handsets. Updates are supposed to be rolled out to fix this bug.

Can you please check to see if you've got any updates available? Please follow these steps:-

Settings > About device > Software updates

Please let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos
no1male
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for the reply. As if by magic when I checked this morning for an update there was one, even though all of the other times I have checked there has been no update.
I have updated my phone which is now on 5.1.1, I have put the 3 some in the phone and yes you have guessed right it stillnisnt working.

Now I stuck. You stated it was down to Samsung and there next update would sort it (even though they have stated it is nothing to do with them) and yet it stillnisnt working.

Any advice would be great as i go abroad in 3 weeks and need my 3 sim working when out there. It would be nice to have the phone I am paying for working as intended
0 Kudos