Menu
Highlighted
Jamie8866
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Galaxy S6 Issue, Cowboy Mobile Tech Team & Poor Customer Service

I don't normally post on forums but I got nowhere with 789 Customer Services regarding the below.

I am both a Virgin Media & Virgin Mobile customer for over 10 years I have had a few mobile phones over the years never had an issue, June this year I encountered an issue with my Samsung S6 with the screen snowy/fuzzy. First I uninstalled last few apps I’d downloaded to see if it was a buggy app, that didn’t rectify the issue so performed a factory reset. Still that didn’t rectify the screen issue. So I sent the phone off to Virgin Mobile through there online phone repair service, I was hoping they could diagnose the fault and repair under warranty.

Couple of days later I receive phone call from Virgin Mobile Tech Team but I find out later it’s a company called Unipart Logistics anyway the guy at the end of the phone says got some bad news about your phone it’s water damage and it’s not covered under warranty. Now never has the phone been near water etc. I said can you elaborate, yeah he says corrosion on the circuit board. Then he proceeds to tell me I have three options. 1st option pay them £175 quid to fix. 2nd option claim the repair through my home insurance or option 3 take it back to Samsung. Cut along story sideways they returned the phone un-repaired(my choice) with a letter with no details of the fault and the phone they had not sealed properly and now it’s in a worse condition and open to further damage.

I phone 789 to complain and that was a farce, I went into great detail that I was complaining about there service and that of Unipart Logistics sending back my phone not properly sealed. So at the end of the call I asked for a complaint reference and the call handler said oh it’s really busy here and hung up on me!! I have to agree with other people on this forum, calling 789 is frustrating and very poor customer service. So I have never received a call back regarding the complaint I raised, total waste of time. I’ll run the contract down then close all mobile phone contracts,which I have 3 accounts with Virgin Mobile and take business elsewhere.

I also can't believe that Virgin Mobile don't have an email address or a Online Chat service and instead you have to call 789 who blatantly ignore your complaint or you have to complain via snail mail.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Galaxy S6 Issue, Cowboy Mobile Tech Team & Poor Customer Service

Hi Jamie8866,

Thanks for your post on the Community and welcome. I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced a problem with your handset, the repair and raising a complaint with Customer Services. Has this been sorted out for your since your post? 

If you are still having an issue with this, please send me a private message by clicking this link: PM me here and provide the following details:

• Full name on the account
  • Mobile number

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos