Menu
TheAfterman
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Galaxy S5 < 1 year old, Screen randomly Broken

Virgin Mobile Contract started end of July 2015.

I took it out of my pocket on getting to work this morning. The screen (the actual screen, not the glass) has what appear to be small cracks along the right edge out of nowhere. I did not bang, drop or shock it in any way on the the way in. I would remember having done that as I'm very careful with my phones (never broken one in my life before, not so much as cracked glass let alone this).

Virgin mobile "phone fix" doesn't work from my computer - it just gives me a 404 and tells me to try again later. Can't make calls without a screen. Obviously I feel I should be getting a warranty replacement as I didn't do anything to cause this. Can anyone advise me on how to proceed?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Galaxy S5 < 1 year old, Screen randomly Broken

I think you may well have problems getting Virgin to fix it under warranty, it is most likely they will say that it is physical damage and it is going to be hard to prove one way or another.

Your other option is to let Samsung look at the phone

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/category/mobile/mobiledevice/smartphone/

May be a bit to travel but they could be more sympathetic  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Galaxy S5 < 1 year old, Screen randomly Broken

Hi TheAfterman,

I'm sorry to hear that your screen has cracked. Apologies as well for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks to enlli who has given you further advice about this. 

We would ask that you give us a call on 789 (from a Virgin Mobile) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) or 150 (freephone from a Virgin Media landline), but if you can't ring in, you can get in touch with us via WebChat: Contact Us.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos