Menu
ronnyuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Galaxy S5 Water damage warranty

I just wanted to post this to make others aware, my S5 was soaked in a rain shower in Majorca last month and the phone just died afterwards, the back and charger socket were both closed when it happened and as the phone is IP67 certified it should have held up to the shower with ease.

I phoned Virgin and explained the problem and they sent me a small box to send it back for warranty repair, I got the phone back with a letter saying the phone was beyond economical repair with a standard "this phone got wet and we can't be bothered to do anything" So they said I had to claim of the insurance at my cost of £150

I phone Samsung UK and they said to take it into a local repair centre and they will help me, I have just come out of the repair centre and the phone failed the leak test which VM didn't even bother to do, the liquid got in through the seal on the front screen, the phone is now being repaired or replaced free of charge....

This is just a heads up to anyone else who has a water damaged phone, take it to a Samsung Centre not VM they are useless and because of this I have just cancelled me and my partners £35 a month contracts. The job number for any VM employee who is interested in this is VM0683916. 

0 Kudos
ronnyuk
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Galaxy S5 Water damage warranty

Just wanted to update on this problem, I took the phone to Samsung who were going to repair the phone but found out that VM have previously opened the phone.
Normally this would be ok but Virgin Media does not send our phones to a Samsung Authorised Repair centre, this means as soon as VM get their mitts on your phone it's out of official warranty.
Samsung are in contact with VM regarding this issue but all Samsung repairs sent from VM go through Unipart Logistics in Nuneaton and they are NOT a Authorised Repair Centre.
What this means is you are better off going to a Samsung Centre then VM.
0 Kudos
Leyland13
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have had a problem with mine sent it to virgin n they r saying its water damaged despite it never been in water. They are trying to say its condensation from cooking! Going through ombudsmen at present as it is ludicrous that a waterproof phone should stop working because of steam boiling potatoes!!! The phone had previously been fixed as it stopped working after 3 weeks so it appears they didn't seal the unity properly after fixing it. I  have been ignored for over 6 months before they declared the case deadlocked in order to take it further! Disgusted by the way I have been treated! 

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Seen this on so many forums over a good 10 years or more.

I would advise anybody to let an authorised repairer do the warranty work where possible. That goes for all makes

Far less comeback and you will get a guarantee of the work carried out.