Menu
Carla1966
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Galaxy Note 4

I took out virgin tv on the understanding that I could watch live TV on my mobile,I am now getting told that my device won't work but was told by virgin it would,can anybody point me in the right direction as what to do next.Thank you for your time and help in this matter. Yours Carla
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Galaxy Note 4

What error message are you getting? Remember on a mobile device you have to use the TV Anywhere app to watch live TV - the website is for PC or Mac only.

See this help article: Getting started with the Virgin TV Anywhere Android app and Watch TV using the Virgin TV Anywhere app for Android

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Carla1966
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am using the tv anywhere app,which I got from the app store,the message reads unable to stream on this device I think.
0 Kudos
Carla1966
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The message is unable to stream on this network.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Carla1966 wrote:
The message is unable to stream on this network.

Are you trying to stream on mobile data? TV Anywhere works using a WiFi connection only

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Carla1966
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes on 3g or 4G but before we signed up for virgin we was told by a rep of virgin that I could watch anything on virgin tv anywhere at anytime and through 3g or 4G, I thank you for your reply but do feel a little betrayed by the rep who sold us the virgin,no wing that the tv anywhere was a big thing for me and my family.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carla1966,

Thanks for your post and welcome to Virgin Media and also the Community here Smiley Happy

I can confirm that BenMcr is right here. You are able to use the app to view listings and remote record via your Mobile Data however for streaming, you must be connected to a wifi network. 

You can discover all there is to know about TV Anywhere here: http://virg.in/E1esJ

If you have any further questions or queries, let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos