Menu
nyck
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Frustrating ..Going round and round in circles

I got my daughter then (14) had a sim only contract  which i paid for. She is now (18) and needs more data ,so as virgin were offering double data deals she ordered and setup her own account.

I was told by CS that they couldnt transfer  her old number to her new sim until the 30 days were up and the old number went to a PAYG .so we waited until today

When we called today i was told they cant transfer virgin numbers to virgin numbers ...AAAARRRHHH

We have been Passed  from Retentions to CS to Sales Back to Retentions then back to sales  ,each time giving  our account details and my daughter kept being told the password was wrong even thou we can log in online with it 

So they transferred her old number from my account to her account and to setup a new contract on her old sim and cancel the current sim.But she cant have the same double data deal ,so  with no other choice she decided to keep the new sim with the double data .But we have now been told that sim is now cancelled so then passed back again to CS who asked for Account details again ,but said they were wrong ,so there was nothing they could do and call back another time

So now we have her original number which she can't use as its PAYG

Her new double data number cancelled

So we dont know what to do

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frustrating ..Going round and round in circles

Long winded but here is how to do it.

Get a PAC code for her PAYG SIM with the number she wants to keep.

Transfer that number to another networks PAYG SIM

Take out the deal you want and then PAC the number back in from the other network's PAYG

Shouldn't have to do it, but knowing how Virgin work this will be easier in the long run

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi nyck,

unfortunately as the double data SIM is now cancelled any new deal can only be offered on currently available tariffs.

Too late now I know Smiley Sad

The thing to have done would have been to request a PAC code for your daughters original number.

Port it out to another network (cheapest/easiest available SIM from any other network).

Once the number had transferred, request a PAC code from the new provider then port it back to Virgin onto the double data SIM card.

Shame that you didn't come to this forum for advice sooner.

Good luck  finding a new tariff.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

enlli wrote:

Long winded but here is how to do it.

Get a PAC code for her PAYG SIM with the number she wants to keep.

Transfer that number to another networks PAYG SIM

Take out the deal you want and then PAC the number back in from the other network's PAYG

Shouldn't have to do it, but knowing how Virgin work this will be easier in the long run

Too late enlli Smiley Sad

The double data SIM has already been cancelled.

There will be no problem upgrading the PAYG SIM with the original number to a new Virgin pay monthly tariff.

AlexKid :-)

0 Kudos