Menu
Alfabiker
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Friendly welcome to forum, but what about VM's hopeless customer service?

Thank you for the friendly welcome, but it would be even nicer if somebody at VM could tell me why I'm having such difficulty in upgrading my mobile contract from SIM -only to a Moto E (2nd Gen.)  I've tried ordering online, spoken to various different agents on 789, and all I get are some sort of vague excuses about something failing system checks and it might be worth trying again in 30 days time (but even that sounded doubtful)!

It's not even clear whether the problem is your computers, the phone, or me personally.

In case you're wondering I'm a long-standing VM customer with all services (TV, phone, broadband, mobile) and have always paid all my bills on time.

Are VM really trying to lose customers?  I don't really want to transfer my number elsewhere but at this rate I don't know what else to do.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Friendly welcome to forum, but what about VM's hopeless customer service?

Alfabiker wrote:

Thank you for the friendly welcome, but it would be even nicer if somebody at VM could tell me why I'm having such difficulty in upgrading my mobile contract from SIM -only to a Moto E (2nd Gen.)  I've tried ordering online, spoken to various different agents on 789, and all I get are some sort of vague excuses about something failing system checks and it might be worth trying again in 30 days time (but even that sounded doubtful)!

It's not even clear whether the problem is your computers, the phone, or me personally.

In case you're wondering I'm a long-standing VM customer with all services (TV, phone, broadband, mobile) and have always paid all my bills on time.

Are VM really trying to lose customers?  I don't really want to transfer my number elsewhere but at this rate I don't know what else to do.

I was considering changing my Sim Only contract to a new one with the HTC One M8, but the way things seem to be going with anything mobile related at Virgin at the moment, I don't want to risk it!

0 Kudos

All Replies
Alfabiker
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VM's hopeless customer service!

.. these words should have been first in the title really ....!

0 Kudos
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Alfabiker wrote:

I was considering changing my Sim Only contract to a new one with the HTC One M8, but the way things seem to be going with anything mobile related at Virgin at the moment, I don't want to risk it!

0 Kudos
Alfabiker
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi tkdfan

Have a lot of people been having problems with upgrades?  Is there another forum/internet site where I might find out what's been going on?

Thanks

0 Kudos
tkdfan
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alfabiker,

Although I don't work for Virgin, since their 'System Upgrade' - which is supposedly now complete (Right...) there have been many posts on here from customers regarding

a. Being unable to see all their mobile accounts registered prior to the upgrade.

b. SIM Cards being sent out supposedly by Yodel, with a Yodel tracking number, then turning up by Royal Mail, and some not working even then...

c. Upgrading to a new mobile phone, not getting any confirmation emails, and not receiving their new phones either...

At the moment it all seems to be up in the air, and the standard response from Virgin is

'We're all working hard behind the scenes but we can't give you any idea of when things will be back to normal...'

Make of this what you will! Regarding other forums, the 'upgrade fiasco' somehow doesn't seem to have filtered out of Virgin Towers (fortunately for virgin I think!).

The general feeling on here seems to be lots of dis-satisfaction with Virgin, and lots of customers thinking of leaving them.

0 Kudos