Menu
esth75
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Friend on EE network is not receiving text messages from anyone with Virgin mobile numbers.

My friend is on the EE network and has visited the shop - they say that it is a Virgin issue that needs fixing which is why I am posting here.

She is receiving texts from all other networks. We have tried texting her from 3 completely different Virgin mobile numbers and she does not receive them from any of us.

We can receive texts from her and we can telephone her.

This starting happening around 14 days ago.

We have all checked our message app settings and they are correct.

Can anyone help? (tried to get through on Live Chat but it hasn't been active at all)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Friend on EE network is not receiving text messages from anyone with Virgin mobile numbers.

Hi Esth75

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry to learn about the problems your friend is experiencing at the moment.

We're not aware of any issues that would cause this type of problem so I'd like to request that a member of our team take a closer look at this, to ensure everything on our end is as it should be.

So I can do that, can I ask you to respond to the private message I've sent including the Virgin phone numbers you've tested this from as well as the EE phone number that's experiencing the problem?

You can view the message by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jatdelamere
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Friend on EE network is not receiving text messages from anyone with Virgin mobile numbers.

Experiencing the same issue as your friend. I am a Virgin mobile customer. Does her number prefix with 07979?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure I have seen this crop up before on the forum.

Probably incorrect mapping of numbers

0 Kudos
jatdelamere
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig, I'm experiencing the same problem. I am a Virgin customer with a prefix number 07979. For about 1 month now I do not receive 90% of text from other Virgin customers ( a couple of friends, my wife and children, all on Virgin). I can send text to them, call and receive calls but do not get most of their texts. The 07979 number was transferred from Vodafone 10 or years ago. Experience no issues until about 4 weeks ago. I get the impression that Customer services and technical team are rattled by this. I have sent detailed data to Virgin as examples ( details on 4 mobile numbers, all Virgin customer date, time, postcode of text transmission which were sent by them to me but I do not receive 90 % of their text.) I do not appear to have a problem from other contacts that are not Virgin customers. The issue appears to be caused by EE and Vodafone. I understand that as the prefix originally belonged to Vodafone they still play a part in 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jatdelamere

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear you're also having some issues with this.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos