Menu
Stephenmcfad85
Joining in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Freestyle account credit refusal

Today I suffered the indignity of being refused credit for a £32 per month phone. Virgin media's frankly hopeless customer service procedures have so far been unable to provide me with a satisfactory answer.

I have an exemplary credit rating and this is confirmed by both experian and VM themselves. I want to know on what grounds this application was refused. I'm fed up being passed around call centres, got nowhere with the company eqifax and cannot cope hearing that Vmedia and a mobile are not the same company.

I have already set the wheels in motion to get out of my existing virgin contacts. I'm utterly disgusted by the service received today. Humiliating and frankly inexplicable.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Freestyle account credit refusal

Virgin are having problems with their internal underwriting system at the moment. I think it's the result of customers in quite new properties, but whatever the reason, it's not even getting to the point where an external check is being done.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephenmcfad85,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you were refused the contract. I want to do all we can to make sure this is sorted for you.

We can definitely get this referred over to our underwriting team. So we can get on the case, give us a call on 789 or 0345 6000 789.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephenmcfad85,

How are you getting on with your new contract query?

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Plymouthphil
Tuning in
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

After being a customer of virgin mobile and media for over 10 years, I to have had the embarrassment of being refused a new freestyle contract for my two mobiles. Despite having an excellent credit rating and a £600 per month credit on my mobile account. It appears I am deemed untrustworthy for a increase of £5.14 per month 

I have as suggested gone through the process of re phoning explaining it all to a rep only to be told I have an excellent credit rating but the computer says no! I now have 3 credit checks from Virgin and am waiting for a call back from them. 

Still due to my credit rating I can always go and buy the phone from someone else and then may be its time to say good bye to Virgin

0 Kudos
Stephenmcfad85
Joining in
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mat.
Thanks for your reply.

To be honest I've not had a chance to call back. Working full time to ensure I can afford things and have a good credit rating has got in the way this week.

In all honesty I am so utterly appalled at the indignity of the experience that I intend to leave all my virgin contracts as soon as possible. I do not work every hour god sends to be told by someone in a virgin store to tell me I'm a credit risk!
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi Plymouthphil,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear you've been denied a new freestyle contract with us.

I want to look into this for you. So I can do this, are you able to PM me your full name, mobile number and 3 characters of your account password?

Send that over when you can.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi StephenMcfad85,

Thanks for coming back to me Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry you haven't got to the bottom of this yet. So I can look into this for you, can you please PM me your name, number and account password?

You can do this by clicking on the image of my face and selecting the private message option. Let me know once you've sent this over.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos
billieboy1973
Joining in
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

I to have been turn down for a free style contact o hav never missed a payment my contract ends next month so i will b leaving virgin
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

We'd be sorry to see you leave us Billieboy1973.

So I can get to the bottom of this for you, can you PM me your full name, number and 3 characters of your password?

Let me know once you've sent this over.

Thanks,

Mat

0 Kudos