Menu
conman
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Free Whats App

I see free whats app is included in the new 4g service from Virgin ,,,,,I am just wondering if that is just for sending and receiving text  messages on whats app . Or are whats app messages that include photos and videos free too.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Free Whats App

Hi conman,

sending messages and sharing pics and video through WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger won’t use up your data allowance.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi conman,

sending messages and sharing pics and video through WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger won’t use up your data allowance.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re:WhatsApp

Just be aware: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/11/11/uk_info_commissioner_zuckerberg/

"The UK's Information Commissioner Elizabeth Denham has fired another warning shot at Facebook over its paused plans to share data with WhatsApp, writing a newspaper column in which she outlines her concerns."

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
conman
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Well that's interesting. Yes it's great that sending photos and videos to friends on your phones contact list will not use your data allowance from now on.
But, what is now a private photo or video that you send on what's app to one person could also appear on your facebook profile for every Tom DIck and Harry to see. And contacts on your phone that you may not necessarily want to be facebook friends with will automatically become facebook friends.
Saying all that I think it's still good that virgin are letting us access what's app for free, but only because I personally am not on facebook.
J0hn
Super solver
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just go into settings and change that, if you can't be bothered to do that you deserve the results ( not you as an individual but anyone, it's been not the tv and whatsapp sent a message to everyone months ago, I changed all the family phones on the same day
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi conman, 

I’m pleased to confirm that all data from within WhatsApp is included in the free with 4G offer Smiley Very Happy

I have included this fab link regarding WhatsApp from virgin media page.

Take care

Kelly 

conman
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant Kelly,, as what's app have just announced video calls will soon be possible on what's app
0 Kudos
BBPrivDtek4G16
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey Guys, Please Can Virgin Media Clariffy The Matter Around The Free What's App & Facebook Messenger Either It's Full Or Part Users Data Usage On Virgin Mobile UK Standard Fast 4G LTE Tarriff Plans By Then Avoids Potential Misleading Confusion Under Net Neutrality Regulations EU Rules For Open Fair Play Online Web Because Mainly Guidence Needed For People Who Aren't As Well Clued Up Tech Savvy Imformed Okay Thanks Yours Truly Cheers Mate Hopes This Helped Anyone.
Chris BlackDroid User!
0 Kudos