Menu
bekyhoney
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Forced to get a Virgin Mobile?

Hello, today I got a call from Virgin Media regarding getting a Virgin Mobile. I already have a contract and I told her politely I didn't want one. She continued to ask me questions like what phone will you get when you contract ends and etc. I answered them only trying to be polite. Next minute she said she was going to send a Iphone 6 to my address. I told her I'm happy with my own phone. She started to go on about Virgin paying the rest of my bill off then again said the mobile will be sent to my address. At this point I was getting really angry because I had clearly said I didn't want one and now I felt pressured by her to get one. I have bad hearing and I can't really understand words sometimes. Someone help? I don't think this is fair.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Forced to get a Virgin Mobile?

The Unsolicited Goods and Services Act 1971 could be applicable if you receive unwanted items.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/30/contents

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

All Replies
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The Unsolicited Goods and Services Act 1971 could be applicable if you receive unwanted items.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/30/contents

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bekyhoney Smiley Happy

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Community, it's great to see a new face.

I'd like to apologise if the call was anything but pleasant, I'm a little taken back that the person talking to you wasn't seeing that you were obviously happy with what you had and wasn't looking to take this any further. I would like to extend that this isn't the way we like to operate and that we're only happy when you're happy.

I would like to ask if there's been a phone delivered to the home or did the agent understand in the end?

Take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you receive an umwanted item that requires signing for, refuse to accept the deliver.

accepting the delivery and opening it can be con screwed as accepting the contract by default.

always refuse it at the door if possible (mobile phones always need a signature due to fraud

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

J0hn wrote:

If you receive an umwanted item that requires signing for, refuse to accept the deliver.

accepting the delivery and opening it can be con screwed as accepting the contract by default.

Easy to defend yourself against, though. "I'd ordered a widget from Amazon and I thought I was signing for that."

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

J0hn wrote:

always refuse it at the door if possible (mobile phones always need a signature due to fraud

Freudian slip methinks...

0 Kudos