Menu
Doc1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Finger trouble or phone fault ?

Wifes phone is a Kazam Tornado. When incoming call rings, the phone is not answerable. (Slide doesn't move). Calling out is OK. I have the same model and she can use that one OK. Tried without much success to navigate the phone fix page. Anyone else have a similar problem ? I have done a full reset and the phone appears to go to Factory Test mode ??

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Finger trouble or phone fault ?

Hi Doc1 Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting back to us with what you've done.

I can see that you've been trying the Factory reset and still no resolve. I would suggest at this moment to give our team a call on 789/ 0345 6000 789.

Stay in touch and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Doc1

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear about the issues your wife is having with her handset when calls come in.

It sounds like the handset may be freezing when the call is received which would usually be a software issue.

When you say a 'full reset' do you mean you've turned the phone off and on or restored the phone to factory settings?

A factory reset is likely to fix this problem, however it's important to point out that all data on the phone would be lost.

To restore the factory settings:

1. Press and hold the 'power' key to turn the phone off
  2. When the phone is turned off, hold down the  'volume up' and 'power' keys
  3. Release the the buttons when you see the Android icon.
  4. Use Volume buttons to select "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to confirm.

The phone should then start up as new Smiley Happy

Could you let me know if this fixes the issue?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Doc1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark. Thanks for getting back to me. I have been through the "Factory reset" several times. Each time I have the same result. Once again I followed your instructions carefully and the resultant page each time has been "Factory Mode" Auto Test. The phone then went through the test sequences ending with a Test Report page. I had to turn the phone off (with difficulty), when I turned it on again, ALL the data was still present, as is the fault.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Doc1 Smiley Happy

Thank you for coming in and posting back to us with what you've done.

I can see that you've been trying the Factory reset and still no resolve. I would suggest at this moment to give our team a call on 789/ 0345 6000 789.

Stay in touch and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos