Menu
thisised
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Final straw!

After numerous issues with poor internet, I live in a large town centre, I check my balance to find I've been charged a quid for 5mb of usage. Normally fine, but I have had to top up £35 this month, pretty much all for internet, on top of my free allowance and buying a 5 data pack!!! I surf the net a few times a day, check email and the footy scores, absolutely crazy that this has cost me so much. Back to 3 for a good signal and all you can eat data. What a rip off.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Final straw!

It's a shame that you ended up paying so much. In April, I spoke to someone at VM, they went through my internet and call usage and between us we decided that I didn't need more than one gig per month, and a paltry amount of minutes. So with this small effort on my part to make sure I'm getting as much data as I need, I only end up paying £7 per month. You'd use that up in a week accessing the internet on a PATG plan...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

*PAYG

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just bought 500MB for the Mrs Three  PAYG phone which comes into play when she uses the 150MB that came free with the £5 top up. So that is 650MB for £5 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thisised,

Thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you've topped up a lot of money for internet use. I too check emails and football scores. You'd be surprised how much it can eat away at your credit. 

Have you considered changing to a SIM only deal? You may find this a better option for you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions regarding this.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team
0 Kudos