Menu
Justinuk73
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Feedback; received a call on early upgrade

Hello Smiley Happy

This is the first time I've actually been called to receive and early upgrade. i got a text message, a few days ago, telling my contract would soon be up and I'd get a call from Virgin. 

OK, received this call today. The lady's English wasn't really that bad however, the line wasn't so clear due to all background noise (a lot of people talking) so, it wasn't easy to hear what she was trying to say.

Something about a Sony Z2 phone and tablet for £25 - 250 mins? or unlimited mins - unlimited texts and 250mb of data? I don't really know as I found the convo hard to follow with the noise. I don't like these calls. Is it still necessary to make these calls when Virgin have mobile phone shops? or don't Virgin have enough mobile phone shops around the country to do away with this calling customers about their accounts.

I managed to get out of the call and say I'd take a look at the website. Anyone received these early upgrade calls?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Feedback; received a call on early upgrade

Hi Justinuk73,

I've received a few calls in the past offering me "better" deals & every couple of months I get mail shots too through the post.

Personally, I don't mind. There might actually be something I'm interested in, if not, hay ho, you've wasted two minutes of your life Smiley Tongue

If it actually bothers you, you could try giving Virgin mobile customer services a call on 789 from your mobile and ask to opt out of receiving marketing calls.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

0 Kudos
Justinuk73
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Feedback; received a call on early upgrade

Ah, I'm more bothered with getting a call where I can't quite here the speaker fro all the background noise Smiley Happy I just didn't understand what was offered to me under these condition as my last post probably hinted too. I think she said 250 minutes?  Or unlimited calls, or was it 250mb data?

I might have had a chance if she was a native English speaker without a Scottish, Irish or American accent but, no. 

Hard to come up with a suggestion for VirginM other than these upgrade calls need there staff to speak clearly so that whatever upgrade offer they are issueing will be heard and understood. A little frightening when you don't know what you might be signing upto. 

First time I've experienced this though. Got the impression we had to phone VirginM when upgrade was due. 

0 Kudos