Menu
Moomin85
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fed up with Freestyle

Is anyone else fed up with these stupid "Freestyle" contracts? This is the first I have had to do with them as my two year contract is up for upgrade. Went into Virgin shop in Dundee today to see about an upgrade to be told I wasn't allowed to have any of the phones I liked (after being with Virgin on a contract for over 10 Years) and being offered the choice of two rather mediocre ones. I finally chose one to be told I couldn't have that either due to technical issues, and that it would be too much hassle for the person in the shop to deal with. What am I supposed to do now, Virgin?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Fed up with Freestyle

Freestyle is a great idea but Virgin's credit checks are screwed stopping people getting decent phones. Too many have gone elsewhere only to walk out with the phone of their choice.

All Replies
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Join another mobile phone company that dont do freestyle contracts?

0 Kudos
enlli
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Freestyle is a great idea but Virgin's credit checks are screwed stopping people getting decent phones. Too many have gone elsewhere only to walk out with the phone of their choice.

Moomin85
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I've been arguing with virgin for the past week and a half about this issue now, and have gone from potentially getting the phone I want to not being able to get any phone and being lied to about my airtime package having been changed when apparently it can't be. Spoken to at least 6 different Virgin customer services reps who have all given me different answers (all rubbish) and all insisting they are right at the other is wrong. After my last call about the upgrade I even got an email to say my phone was being disconnected (something I don't want right now). Still waiting on a callback to explain why and confirm the current status of my account. Put in a formal complaint (had to write as the email form won't work) but not holding out any hope. If my phone is locked to virgin, will it work with EE?
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Moomin85,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry that you've had some trouble with your account. I want to make sure I clear up any confusion caused on our part. So I can do this, I've sent you a PM detailing the next steps.

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Mat_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As I mentioned Moomin75, I'm more than happy to look into this for you. If you don't want me to look into this, then that's no problem Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Mat

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos