Menu
Waterlow
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Fed up of being lied to..

My wife has had an issue with the signal on her phone for a few weeks and it seemed to lie with the signal fading, my phone was OK, that was until Tuesday.

Tuesday  - spoke to V Mobile and they assured me it was down to work being carried out in the area.  So they couriered out 2 sims one for each phone.

Wednesday - Sims arrived but both were incorrect, spoke to a representative who apologised and assured me that the replacement sims would be with me tomorrow.

Thursday - arrived but no sims, spoke to VMobile and was informed that they were sent by Royal Mail and everybody knows RM cannot not collect after 6pm for a delivery next day.

Friday  - Managed to catch the post before work, great the 2 Sim cards were there, installed the 1 for my wife's phone but mine did not fit.  Got home and called VM got annoyed about the incorrect sim, after a discussion.  Found out that the sim was correct but closely fitted into a mount and the instructions were on the back of the card stuck onto the letter.  When this was sorted I was informed that a replacement sim would be courier out by Yodel for next day delivery and received an email confirmation.

Saturday - had to stay in and wait all day for the delivery, approx. midday checked the tracking on the email and started to get suspicious as the tracking link did not work.  Got caught up and was unable to get to the phone so at approx. 4 o'clock called VMobile and after being told that the sim was sent by Royal Mail and was not couriered as promised when asked to confirm, the line went dead for a couple of minutes when the rep came back on line and told me that yes the sim was couriered and would be with me some time before 9pm.

I personally would like a proper answer and do not think VMobile would even contact me to offer an apology but they can't as my phone is out off action.  I'm also I'm the habit to write down the persons name as they change it if the call gets a bit tough.

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed up of being lied to..

If your signal strength issues are down to "work being carried out in the area", it's hard to see how two new SIMs are going to help.

Did the new SIM fix your wife's phone? Or is the problem still there?

As for your phone, I am confused. As I understand you the SIM you received on Friday is the 3 in 1 type which you press out to the desired size. You phoned Virgin and they explained that's how it works, so why is it necessary to send yet another new SIM? Is the Friday SIM not working?

0 Kudos
Waterlow
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The new sim did not resolve my wife's phone, but we got 1 bar when it was placed in a different phone, so we now suspect we have a defective phone, repair bag on the way.  Turns out my lose of signal was down to system overload.

As for the Sim the instructions they were on the back of the card and the sim was just broken off with the card still on the letter, plus the instructions were on the back of the letter and was not obvious that it was part of the micro sim.  It also couldn't be used as they had sent a replacement.

It's now Monday - post has just been and no Sim, called Vmobile and spoke to a 'manager' who confirmed that it WAS sent out by Royal Mail and could not explain why I had an assurance and an email that it would be delivered the following day with by a Courier company.

I have asked for a complete explanation (no hope) and a call back sometime today, but I got a commitment that he would look into it but from the tone of his voice and platitudes this is not an unusual occurrence.

Waterlow

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you checked on the web for your coverage?

dont use virgin use EE as its there signal 

if if its an android phone then there an app

Network cell info light give you the location, distance, signal strength plus more, it's free

0 Kudos
Waterlow
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Done that, it's poor so any drop we have no signal.  My wife's phone is more susceptible so we are sending it in for checking.

But I digress.

Tuesday (Day 8)  Hurray 2 sims arrived, 1 by post the other by courier, double checked the covering letter to check that it was the right number, no number listed.  Inserted it and everything seemed fine.  So a happy bunny. 

BUT got a call from the wife using the works phone as her mobile had stopped working you got it they had send 2 sims for the wrong phone.  Called VM asked to speak to a manager told now one was available, replied that I would wait, after 20mins of dead air redialled.

The second rep came on the line and stated that they were trying to get hold of me, informed them that they were mistaken as my phone has call waiting.

I then asked again to speak to a manager and was told no one was available, so asked them to call me within an hour, you guessed it no call.  The Rep kept stating we have sent you 2 Sims since Friday it took an age to get the rep to understand that the sims were for the wrong phone.  As our spare phone uses a micro sim and mine uses a Nano we are back into the state of having no WORKING PHONES, the nano will not fit into the micro port......... and the micro Sim has been disconnected.

0 Kudos
Waterlow
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Tues pt II,  Called VMobile early evening, spoke to a pleasant rep (which made a change), asked for a manager and after a brief update put through straight away, another very pleasant lady came on line, gave her a brief synopsis and asked her to check the SIM cards had been sent out after a short delay I was informed that they had not, (another lie by the earlier Vmobile staff when will it end).  As the manager was very helpful I asked to call back when she had an update, approx. 30mins later I was called back with an apology that the Sim card would be with me on Thursday.

Wed had another call from the manager to check if the SIM card had arrived early, my reply was negative.  If Vmobile staff were only half as efficient as the rep and manager have been this problem would have been resolve easily, quickly and a smile on everybody's face.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Waterlow,

Welcome to the Community Forum, I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a poor experience trying to get the problem with your mobiles sorted with us. Thank you for coming back and letting us know that you were able to speak to a manager, who ordered the new SIM cards for you. Apologies that this was not done previously and that you were not given the correct information by the agents that you spoke with previously.

I'm checking back with you to see how you have got on with the new SIM cards. Has this improved the poor signal issue you were experiencing?

Please let me know.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As the EE site indicated a poor signal, and some phone have a better signal reception that other, I for one would be happily surprised if the signal had improved.

My understanding is that the agent could have checked to confirm or deny a poor signal in the home area.

I also believe that EE have/are reconfiguring cells from 3G to 4 G due mainly to planning restraints and costs.
0 Kudos