Menu
JaneyCee13
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Faulty phone

Please contact me ASAP.

faulty Samsung after 2 weeks. Advised by shop to reset did it 12 times still had fault...sent away from the shop. Rang customer services who advised me they would need to repair it. 

Back to the shop as this isn't acceptable , they reset it and it worked for 5 hours, broke again sent off for repair. 

Returned two weeks later, faulty refurbished phone returned to me.  Utter disgrace. rang customer services, told to return it to the shop I bought it from and they would ring ahead to tell them I am coming in for a replacement or refund of contract as this was appalling. They then said I should be compensated for loss of phone and service. 

This never happened. 

Returned to the shop on Thursday and the replacement new phone was taken from the cupboard and an hour later they still had not given me in exchange for the second faulty one. The problem? Who knows but something about a passcode. Nobody on the phone or in the shop could authorise it as there was no manager. Please return on Saturday when the manager is in. They then wrote my details on a piece of paper on the new phone wrapped it around it and put it away reserved for Saturday. 

Today ( saturday) I was verbally abused in a shop full of customers, by the manager, who refused to give me the authorised exchange despite all my statutory rights he said sorry that won't be happening. He went on to laugh smirk and be generally abusive. Very upset at this and I then asked for them to cancel everything and I could go. He took my faulty phone .

refused to cancel my contract despite customer service giving me the option of cancellation or exchange two days previously!

rang customer services after spending all day in the shop and outside it on the phone for 5 hours trying to get help. 

Nothing offered. 

Told they can't promise but maybe if I went back in ( after being abused in public) it could be sorted next week. I would strongly suggest somebody in this shoddy organisation contacts me this weekend. 

I do not have a new phone as the manager has it, that's both phones! You are in breach of contract. Not that your contract is worth anything as it states in black and white that my contracted terms are monthly rolling and not 24 months as the customer service woman said and infact it shows contract term n/a on it !  I have all my legal statutory rights and now request you deal with the ineptitude in your shop and customer service disconnection centre and provide me with compensation and a letter stating the worthless contract is dissolved. 

You have my email. 

0 Kudos
JaneyCee13
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty phone

Lol seriously? You acknowledge my post by telling me I have a private message which is merely a congratulations I've ranked in this forum! Get you act together Virgin and quick ! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jnaeycee13,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with your new handset. Totally appreciate your frustration here.

I'd like to help you out with this.

Due to the nature of your query I will send you a private message (red envelope, top left hand side) so I can get this looked into.

Speak soon

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
JaneyCee13
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the private message asking me to fill in a form lol but in done filling in forms and going into shops to be abused etc
I've several witnesses prepared to make a statement and advice given was to contact the police and solicitor.
Legal advice was that the law was on my side and this 'manager ' Mark was in the wrong and wasted my time and was out if order.
Compensation to date has merely been for actual losses of £131 yet to go in my account
I'm not impressed and very surprised that Virgin harbour such bullying tactics.
The complaints escalation team might want to consider how they can resolve this matter to my satisfaction.
I no longer have a contract with you as acknowledged yesterday I am now only on have a £12 monthly sim which I will be ditching after my holiday.
I have never been spoken to like that nor have I ever had such shoddy service.
Virgin may email me or phone me with their suggestions as to what they intend to do and how they are going to deal with the management in that shop in Grimsby Lincolnshire as even their staff are leaving due to how they don't agree how it's run. One member goes within a month and the assistant manager stated while he agreed with us and my statutory rights unfortunately he had a wife and three children at home to consider ! I think this speaks volumes about the manager in that shop and it's corruption and Virgins way of dealing with its customers.
0 Kudos