Menu
amybro7
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Samsung touchscreen

The screen on my samsung galaxy s6 has suddenly gone purple, then died completely. I cannot see anything on it. There is a crack on the bottom left of the screen but this happened a while ago and I was able to continue using the phone with no issues for several months.

I have 6 months left on my contract. What are my options?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty Samsung touchscreen

Hi amybro7

Welcome to the community and sorry to hear about the screen on your Galaxy S6. Our repair team can certainly take a look at your handset however if there is any accidental physical damage this will void the warranty. In most cases a repair is possible but chargeable as a result.

If you give our team a ring on 789 from any Virgin Mobile, 150 from any Virgin landline or 0345 6000 789 from any other number then they can certainly assess the condition of the handset and give you some idea of the cost.

There are alternative options as well such as handset insurance if you have it. Sometimes it is also covered by home and contents insurance but you will need to check with your insurer as to whether your handset is covered. As with most insurance claims there is usually an excess fee to pay but your insurer will be able to advise of the cost.

You can also take your handset to the manufacturer directly as they also have a warranty on your phone as well.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos