Menu
PJM2508
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Phones

Why will you not replace a phone that was faulty on delivery and has now become beyond repair after being with your repair team ? Your customer service team are unhelpful and repeatedly hang up when you call in. Ive had a full day on the phone to you and still no resolution. Your a shambles of a company.
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty Phones

Sadly this is mainly a self help forum, the staff that visit will not can not sort that type of issue, you need to contact via 789

its hard for anyone to help with viewing the notes to see what has happened sadly

I know now help at all, I'm just stopping you hanging around for an answer that won't happen.

If you still want help here bring to the attention of an administrator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PJM2508

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you've had some issues with your handset.

If a handset is faulty within the first 14 days, we'll replace the device free of charge.

Outside the 14 day period, we would repair the handset for you free of charge as long as it's still in warranty.

If the handset is not repairable, we'll replace it for you instead.

The only reason we would be unable to replace/repair the handset is if the warranty is void due to physical or liquid damage.

What did the team advise was the reason when you spoke to them?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
PJM2508
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin agreed to pay to fix damage to the screen at no cost as the screen developed a crack without being dropped or damaged by me. I was told that the phone would be returned on Monday. When i called to find out where the phone was, i was told that there was now damage to the motherboard and it would not be repaired as it was economical. Aparrently my "waterproof !" phone had water damage. When i sent the phone back, the phone was in full working order. The so called water damage obviously occurred in the care of virgin. Under the consumer rights act, the mobile operator is responsible for ensuring that my phone is fit for purpose. It's very simple, i was either sent a faulty phone or the damage to the mother board was caused by virgins repair team. Either way im entitled to a replacement. I was offered refurbished phones or a credit to my account which i find completely unacceptable. I need a brand new handset or the contract can be cancelled.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi PJM2508

I'm really sorry once again to hear about the issues you've had with your handset.

I've dropped you a PM with some more information - please respond to the PM directly and we'll get you some help with this.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos