Menu
CAA
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Fair use policy on large data sim only deal

Hello, 

There is currently an offer on with 500 mins, unlimited texts and 20Gb data for £15 per month. I just wanted to clarify something:

On this page: http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/our-mobile-network/fast-4g-data-speeds.html 

it says:  "Is there a fair usage policy on 4G plans? Not at all! We give you our top possible 4G speeds morning, noon and night, so you’ll have the speed you need for your whole data allowance, with no slow down or throttling."

Yet on this page: http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/our-service.html#12

it says "Excessive use over 3.5GB of data per calendar month will result in your maximum bandwidth being restricted to 3G speeds (384kbit/s downstream, 200kbit/s upstream) on our network. We reserve the right to review these usage levels from time to time. At this reduced speed, customers will still be able to browse web pages, send/receive emails, and stream audio and video all at 3G data speeds, but peer-to-peer and large file downloads/uploads will be slower than normal."

These seem to contridict each other. Am I right in thinking that I could only use 3.5Gb of data at full 4G speed before I would be reduced to 3G for the other 16.5Gb of data?

Thank you.

jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fair use policy on large data sim only deal

The FUP doesn't apply to the new 4G tarrifs

0 Kudos
CAA
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. So to clarify I could theoretically use the whole 20Gb of data per month at 4G speeds?
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well.. yeah, but 4g on virgin is capped at 25mbps
0 Kudos